We hired Mic to take pictures recently of our 7-month daughter, both solo shots and with our entire family (6 adults) and loved the results! The following was our assessment of her services:
(1) Planning the photo-shoot: After I reached out to Mic and discussed our interest to photograph my little one, she got back to me within a few days with ideas of posing, recommendations for outfits (which we totally agreed!), her availability of backdrops and lights if needed, an openness for both outdoor and indoor shoots within a 3-4 hr window and kind of pictures that we could do. We liked that she was detail-oriented, structured and quick to respond. She was accommodative of our interests to take solo shots, photo ideas and candid style shots.
(2) Interaction: Really easy to talk to, sweet and professional, both Mic and her husband Brian (who helps out in the session) were great to work with. They were really patient and understanding with the loud cheer and animal sounds we had to perform to get our little one's attention, expressions and smiles! Yes, it was one loud party! They recommended the backgrounds to use for posing indoors.
(3) The actual session: Mic and Brian arrived on time, adapted to the natural lighting of our home and commenced their work quickly. We were quite oblivious of time and posing because of our little one, but the team caught the stills whenever possible and were clicking away for candid shots. We did a couple of location changes (which Mic suggested) and glad that we went with their suggestions. The whole session lasted almost 2 hours. The team was enthusiastic and was still poised to continue the sessions outdoors but we wound it up when our daughter got overwhelmed and tired. Overall, it was fun, relaxed and our ideas were incorporated on the go. Their new faces, voices and cameras interested our little one to glance in their directions quite often!
(4) Photographs: The pictures turned out really beautiful. Mic had captured the right expressions, emotions, with pictures taken from different angles making them interesting and a great eye for creative shots. The candid shots were the best! We had a variety including headshots, our daughter's expressions, movements, group pictures, and mom-daughter, dad-daughter pictures. Kids are never static and does take several tries to take great pictures of them. Mic accomplished that! We could hardly pose for pictures because of the level of squirm and activity that a 7-month old was capable of, but were quite impressed with the pictures taken by the two of them.
(5) Price: Mic's services were really affordable and helped meet our price and budget. She is definitely on the reasonable end for baby photography. Unlike many photographers who have a separate price for all the pictures they take, we had an option to keep all the pictures in memorabilia for the same price and use them for framing in future.
(6) Post-session: The pictures were available for viewing within a week and the full spectrum in less than a couple of weeks. Mic kept us updated about the time frames and delivered on time which was awesome because we were eager to see them all! It was easy to use her gallery for viewing, sharing and downloading pictures.
Yes, we really enjoyed the session as a family and were more than satisfied with the captures. Mic was a great find and obviously, we will continue to choose her the next time for our photo sessions! Highly recommend to anyone seeking a great photographer for their family portraits.