Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Whether you are visiting for pleasure, business, an event or convention, you don't want to miss lounging on the beach in San Diego! You may want to kayak the La Jolla Cove, horseback the beaches of Del Mar, fish the deep seas or whale watch with all smiles. Each day becomes a memory making experience while you are at our San Diego vacation rentals.
There is hiking, biking, golf and tennis and of course learning to surf - We can assist you in doing it all, or making sure you have to do nothing at all!
Contact us for:
- Beach rentals - bikes, surfboards, kayaks, boats and more
- In-home spa and massage services, or recommendations for local area spas
- Personal Chef and grocery shopping
- Tee times, area golf courses
- Transportation and car rentals
- Romantic escapes - rose petal arrivals, private dinners, proposals and anniversaries
- Special welcome amenities - champagne, fruit baskets, special gifts
- Event planning - dinner parties, weddings and more
- Restaurant recommendations
If we can assist you to travel like a local, let us know 24 hours a day! Call now, we're standing by to assist you!
Travel like a local!
Take advantage San Diego Resort Rentals' knowledge of area offerings and events.
We've spent a lot of time playing tourist in our own city! Ask for recommendations on the following. You'll spend less time researching and more time living like a local.
Great restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream stands
Favored grocery stores
Not-to-be-missed scenic and recreational spots, such as picnic spots, hiking trails, and golf courses.
Non-tourist or off-the-beaten path activities, such as a local farmer's market or the buying lobster fresh off the boat at the dock
Places of worship
If you're bringing your dog, canine-friendly destinations
Any other inside scoop to help your family make the most of your time away
Q. If you were a customer, what do you wish you knew about your trade? Any inside secrets to share?
A. VACATION HOME RENTERS
At San Diego Resort Rentals, we understand that travelers nowadays do almost 100% of their searching online. While that definitely offers convenience, it's sometimes hard to decipher what's legitimate.
A basic rule of thumb to follow when booking a vacation rental online is to remember to old adage: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
- Ask questions. Be comfortable with the responses. Trust your instincts. Pick up the phone and call. If you're never able to speak to a live person through the booking process, how can you know they'll be there if issues arise?
- Ask for more images. We've seen scam artists out there post stolen images they've copied and pasted together to make a listing look like a vacation home. On closer look, the decor and style were not consistent, the address did not belong to the listed home - it was a scam.
- Be prepared to provide the names and maybe ages (or child/adult designation) of all guests who will be staying at the property. This helps the owner/manager know what services to provide and ensure your rental is used for it's intended purpose. But you should never provide your personal information, such as date of birth or social security number, especially before you have a contract.
- Speaking of contract - make sure you read it, and agree to it, BEFORE you sign it. If you have questions about rates, dates, cleaning fees, early check-in, late check-out, write them down as you think of them and ask before you commit.
- Most agencies advertising beachfront only homes are more interested in the number of homes they have than the quality of homes. Homes on the beach require a lot of maintenance; while there may be fewer wintry seasons, fixtures can become quickly weathered in the salty air. Make sure your beach home rental is through a legitimate vacation rental agency such as San Diego Resort Rentals. We meet you in person at your property to provide a tour, keys and information about your home. You can be 100% comfortable with your property's location and condition when you arrive.
VACATION HOME OWNERS
If you have a home that you live in less than 50% of the time, it can qualify as a vacation rental and earn you income while you're away.
The professionals at San Diego Resort Rentals have been in the hotel and travel industry for decades. We have a wealth of secrets to share with owners about yield management, travel trends, marketing & advertising concepts. Our operational experience lets us provide more industry services and partnerships than any other vacation property manager can offer. It's not the quantity of properties and services in our portfolio that we're always looking to improve - it's the QUALITY that sets us apart.
Q. What questions should a consumer ask to hire the right service professional?
A. VACATION RENTALS FAQs
At San Diego Resort Rentals, we go above and beyond to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and owners. When you finally get away, you'll feel less frazzled if you've done your homework and asked the right questions. We believe you should know the following before you book ANY vacation rental, although we would always like to see you in one of ours!
Before you book...
Don't pay a cent until you confirm the following!:
How to contact the manager
How and when payments are due
How and when to check in and out
How and when your deposit(s) will be refunded
The cancellation policy
Ask if there are additional fees, such as for bringing a pet, using the pool, or cleaning.
If you have young children, ask whether the property has physical features that might pose a safety threat, such as a loft with a ladder or a high deck with minimal railings.
The answers to these questions and more are listed o our website. Click the Check-In Services tab to find FAQs.
Q. What important information should buyers have thought through before seeking you out?
A. At San Diego Resort Rentals, we're luxury vacation specialists. We are focused on your overall experience. Some questions we will ask you about your stay are:
- What is the intended purpose of your visit to San Diego (or Los Angeles, or Miami...)?
- How many adults and children will be in your party?
- How many beds/bedrooms will you require?
- Vacation rentals are a good solution for large groups traveling together. Instead of costly meals out, you are able to prepare meals right in your vacation home. Would you like us to provide groceries for your stay?
- Most of our vacation rentals provide beach gear, including kayaks, bikes, volleyballs, etc. Would you like us to include additional water sport or boat rentals?
- Have you arranged tee times? Our broker is able to find spots on the best courses in town.
- Would you a like an in-home massage or spa appointment nearby?
- Will you require event services, such as coordination, catering or rentals?
- Will you require a car rental during your stay? We offer discount car rentals and attraction tickets directly through our site.
- What days are you heading to the beach? Sea World? Biking? Would you like us to pack you a picnic?
Think about your total experience. Are you willing to spend more on the nightly rate at your vacation rental if it means saving on internet charges, coffee, dining out, parking, gratuities and more? These charges alone add up to over $150 per person!
Before you book, make sure you're comfortable with what you're getting. At San Diego Resort Rentals, we're always waiting to assist you!