My services are industrial design, product design, retail design, graphic design, illustration, logo design, 3D modeling, and rendering.
Ami Heidi Sueki
Ami is an industrial designer working at The Coca-Cola Company based in Atlanta, Georgia (or just a huge science nerd who wears cool shoes and does design).
She was born in Knoxville TN, in a Japanese household. Her mother named her Ami, which is a Japanese name meaning Asia and success, along with a German name, Heidi, next to it. Heidi comes from one of her mother's favorite children's fiction book "Heidi" by Joanna Spyri, which was very popular in Japan as an animated film. "To always hold curiosity, enthusiasm, and kindness" were her mother's wishes. Also, her last name Sueki comes from a Samurai family in Okayama, Japan. Her multicultural background influences her design and drives her vision. She holds great pride to her name because it is her origin and her future; she will always be the one and only Heidi.
She is interested in industrial, product, interactive, retail, display design, fashion, science, technology, and traveling.
Her acknowledgements, awards and interviews include the following:
* 2014: Chosen as one of the five graduate representatives from NCSU, Article on Career-Ready
* 2014: Selected presenter from NCSU for Student Merit Awards at the IDSA Southern District Conference
* 2014: Interview from College of Design, Trading One Color Red for Another
* 2013: Cosmosis, Art2Wear Collection collaborated with Jennifer Werkhoven, chosen to close the show; Interview Behind the Seams Carolina Style Magazine
* 2013: Design work displayed on the Wall of Excellence at the College of Design
* 2012: Furniture Design Award for Groovystuff; Furniture Today Wins Furniture Design Contest
* 2010- 14: Full tuition grant to attend College of Design at North Carolina State University
Her educational background includes the following:
* 2010-14: North Carolina State University, BA in Industrial Design
* 2013 July: Study abroad at Hanyang University (Seoul, Korea)
* 2009-10: Mentorship at Duke University's Neurobiology Lab
* 2008-10: North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, focus in Neuroscience
Her work history includes the following:
* 2014- Current: Industrial Designer, The Coca-Cola Company
* 2014- Current: Freelancer, Dowell Group
* 2013 Sep- Dec: Internship, Gamil Design (Raleigh, NC)
* 2011-12: Part-time Japanese/English Tutor (NC)
Her skills include the following: Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and 3D printing.
Heidi speaks English and Japanese.