You can talk to local travel agents by using Thumbtack. Thumbtack will identify the top-rated travel agents in your area. After you read a few reviews and check out their profiles, you can message them directly and/or request a quote.
It’s important to ask travel agents several questions before you hire one. For example, you should ask:
- How much do you charge for your services?
- Can you provide a list of all the fees I'm responsible for paying?
- Do you have any travel destination recommendations?
- What are some ways I can save money on my trip?
- What’s the best time of year or month to book my trip?
- Do you offer travel insurance?
- Is my airfare refundable?
- What deposits will I need to make?
- How much experience do you have?
The main benefit of using a travel agent is the value they bring. They’re experts when it comes to travel, and they can help you decide which destinations you should visit. A travel agent can also help you find travel packages and perks. They’ll also be your advocate if any issues arise during your trip.
However, you may be able to find deals and discounts on your own. And sometimes it’s faster to DIY your own travel plans, especially if things need to change at the last minute.
Hiring a travel agent might be a smart choice. Here are a few reasons why you should use a travel agent:
- They save you time.
- They help take the stress out of planning a trip or a vacation.
- They can help you find travel packages and other perks.
- They recommend destinations based on your preferences.
- They can help you resolve problems that arise.
Using a travel agent to book your airfare and lodging instead of doing it yourself online can save you time and stress. Travel agents have the expertise and knowledge to help you plan your trip seamlessly. And, often, they can offer your packages and secure other travel perks you may not find online.
A travel agent is a professional who handles all of the travel arrangements for their clients. Some of their duties include:
- Suggesting travel destinations.
- Putting together trip itineraries.
- Finding travel packages and other perks.
- Keeping their clients’ budgets and costs in mind when planning trips.
- Booking airfare, hotels, rental cars, excursions, tours and more.