How much does it cost for surround sound installation?
If you’re installing your dream home theater, you want the perfect sound system to round it out. The cost for surround sound installation will vary based on the speaker system you select, the amount of wiring and prep required for the job, and labor rates in your region. Home theater installation specialists can advise on the best surround sound speakers for your space and the technology you are using. Here are some examples of average home theater installation costs and the cost of surround sound speakers:
- TV wall mount and up to 5 wall-mounted speakers with hidden wires: $399.
- 60-inch TV and small home system: $2,080.
- Equipment cost: $1,680.
- Five box speakers and subwoofer: $500.
- Three HDMI wires: $30.
- Surround amp: $250.
- 60-inch TV and bracket: $900.
- Labor cost: $400 Including setup, wiring and TV mounting.
- Projector and screen system plus audio wiring throughout home: $12,900.
- Equipment cost: $9,900.
- Approximate wire costs: $2,700.
- Projector and bracket: $1,500.
- 110-inch screen: $600.
- Surround amp: $500.
- 5-inch ceiling speakers and sub: $1,400.
- Remote control system: $400.
- Eight zones of speakers and volume controls: $2,800 ($350 each)
- Labor cost: $3,000. Includes prewiring for 5-inch ceiling speakers, one subwoofer, one 20-inch to 50-inch HDMI, Cat. 6 control wire to projector, 1.5-inch tube for future wire changes, and wiring for two to eight additional audio zones throughout the home. All equipment (audio boxes, amps, cable box, etc.) is concealed. The audio zones are controllable by iOS devices from anywhere in the home.