Nationally, the average price range for TV repair is $60-$90. LCD TV repairs are one of the most common TV repair requests. A liquid crystal display (LCD) TV uses the same technology as your smartphone and most computer screens. Images are created on an LCD screen by electric currents that pass or block light through liquid crystals that are encased between two polarized, glass-like sheets. LCD TVs can be very thin and are relatively affordable, making them one of the most prevalent types of TV on the market. If you have a broken LCD TV, it can probably be repaired. Common problems that can be repaired include a blank screen, sound issues, power problems and digital connection problems. Here is one example of LCD TV repair cost:
- 55-inch Samsung LCD TV repair: $150, including parts and labor
- The LCD was intermittently powering up and powering off. The main circuit board was removed and replaced.
Yes, you can usually fix a flat screen TV. Whether you have a plasma, LED, OLED, HDR, HD or even LCD, TV repair pros can repair your TV. Flat screen TVs are expensive, and when they stop working it can make your heart stop. But TV repair technicians have advanced along with TV technology and are equipped with the proper tools and training for major and minor repairs. If your flat screen is too massive to transport, most repair companies have pickup and drop-off service. For the most common problems, TV repair pricing might range between $175 and $200 on average. Here are examples of the most common problems:
- Power problems: The TV won’t turn on or will not stay on once started.
- Digital problems: All connections are in place but you’re not receiving any signal.
- Sound problems: There is no sound, the volume doesn’t respond to attempts to raise or lower it, or the volume is inconsistent.
- Screen problems: The TV is on but there is no picture.
The actual height you mount your TV will depend on the layout of your room. If you’re mounting it above a fireplace or in an alcove, the height of these structures will determine the mounting height of your TV. However, Bob Villa recommends positioning your TV 42 inches on-center in conventional rooms with standard seated viewing.
If your TV isn’t working, don’t despair. TV repair professionals can handle almost any situation, no matter how new or outdated your TV’s technology. The national average TV repair cost is $50-$90, although prices can be higher based on the type of TV and the work required. Because most TVs today are much too large to transport in an ordinary car, many companies provide transportation services for an added fee. Here are some examples of average TV repair costs for specific problems and TV models:
- 65-inch Sony DLP TV repair cost: $275, including parts and labor.
- Removed old light engine and bulb and installed new.
- 42-inch Sanyo Plasma TV repair cost: $200, including parts and labor.
- Multiple circuit boards had gone bad in the TV. Technicians installed a new Y-SUS sustain buffer board and an X main board.
- 55-inch Samsung LCD TV repair cost: $150, including parts and labor.
- The LCD was intermittently powering up and powering off. Replacing the main circuit board solved the problem.
You may be able to mount your flat screen TV above your fireplace for a more streamlined look in your living room. In fact, TV mounting professionals can hang your flat screen TV flush with a wall or from a tilting or full-motion bracket mount in any room in your home. A tilting or full-motion mount may be the best option above a fireplace so you can tilt the TV down for the best viewing angle. Whether the wall above your fireplace is brick, drywall, concrete, stone or plaster, most television mounting services can accommodate your needs. Hardier wall surfaces like concrete or brick will require more labor and expertise to mount, and will likely have a higher price range.
If you want your AV and cable wires hidden in the wall, you will also pay a higher price due to the added time and skill to properly drill the holes and run wires. Before mounting your TV above your fireplace, consult with the manufacturer about necessary distance from heat sources. If the space above your fireplace gets too warm, another location could be better for the longevity of your TV. Your television mounting services may take between one and two hours, or more depending on your home theater setup.
Elevate your home style with television mounting services. The national average price for television mounting services ranges between $100 and $130. Factors that can affect cost are the material of the wall you want the TV mounted on, whether you want the wires hidden, and any additional entertainment system connection you desire. It probably costs more to mount a TV on brick, stone or concrete than on drywall or plaster due to the added labor required to drill holes. For example, a company may charge an additional $99 to mount a TV on a brick wall. Here are some examples of average costs for television mounting services:
- Basic TV wall mount: $40. Does not include bracket, device connection or strip management.
- TV wall mount: $119. Includes bracket, mounting services, strip management system (for concealing external wires), and connection of all entertainment devices.
- TV wall mount with wires hidden inside wall: $139.
- Installation of additional electrical outlet: $65.
- TV wall mount over fireplace with wires hidden: $179-$249.
- TV wall mount and up to 5 speakers wall-mounted with hidden wires: $399.
TV wall mounts are generally universal. This is because most TV wall mounts comply with standards set forth by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). Thanks to this set of standards, any mount you buy is likely to be a universal TV wall mount. However, exceptions do apply. Certain brands may not follow VESA standards, and though this is rare, it’s worth checking to make sure you’re buying a VESA-compatible universal TV mount.
Many TVs can be mounted with standard equipment. However, you need to cover a few details before mounting a TV. Know the size and weight of your TV before you purchase a mount. Additionally, make sure your TV follows the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) standards by looking for the VESA logo followed by a number. Match this number to the VESA-compatible mount to ensure compatibility. If you’re unsure if your TV can be mounted, contact the best professional TV mounting services in your area to see if they can offer guidance and help you with the installation.
Yes, a TV mounting service is often able to install a home theater system as well. Companies and technicians who offer flat-screen TV wall mount installation service may offer package deals on installing surround sound and other parts of a home theater installation. To find the best TV mounting service near you that can install a surround sound system in your home, compare companies side by side. Choose a service that’s within your budget and book an appointment instantly.
Yes, it’s possible to mount a TV on drywall. To make sure the job is done right and you don’t end up damaging your wall or injuring yourself, consider contacting one of the best TV wall mount installers near you. When contacting professionals, make sure you tell them you wish to mount a TV in drywall.