7. Dynamic Cleaning & Restoration
- 7 years in business
- 15 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves Wyoming, MI
"My office was infected with AspergillisPenecilian, a white colored mold cause by a small leak in our new building. The window had leaked since the day the building was built 20 years ago. Just a little bit every time it rained on the window in my office. Thought the fix was a coffee cup under the leak. I WAS WRONG. Over those twenty years mold had grown inside the cinder block wall surrounding the window. I had been sick with a scratchy throat and a persistent cough that would not go away. Over a period of two years the cough grew worse, a lot worse to the point of non-stop coughing for twenty minutes at a time and always on the verge of passing out, every hour on the hour. I was exhausted everyday and developed sleep ahpnia. I also developed severe excruciating chest pains caused by the coughing which turned out to be Costa Contitis, which is tendinitis of the sternum bone, The tendons connecting my ribs to my chest bone were inflamed from all the coughing. Over those two years my cough progressed from coughing up phlem, to water, to dry nothing which was the worse.
It was an act of God on how I finally realized that there was something in my office that was slowly killing me. My health was so bad that I even purchased cemetery plots and had a will made so my kids did not have to deal with a rotting father.
Upon discovering the mold it had infected the entire cinder block and penetrated the block in the wall and was embedded in it it, the carpet was infected, plants, the insulation, everything had mold in it. Dead black mold and crystal like white mold was everywhere. I immediately contacted Dynamic Cleaning and Restoration thru Thumbtack.com. I got lucky. Chris and his team was there within a few minutes. Chris's former profession was an in-flight trauma nurse with a background in air quality. One look at me coughing and he knew the office was infected and immediately identified/confirmed the mold for me. Both my office and the adjacent one were infected. After giving me a quote and me agreeing, Chris and his guys immediately sprung into action and gutted the offices the next day, rebuilt them from the 2x4s up to completed finish work, new windows that do not leak, trim, paint, drywall, carpet. It was the best 16K that I had ever spent. I expected the project to cost well over 25K. The combined space of the two offices was roughly 1100 sq ft. of rehab. Chris's quote was very specific as to what it covered exactly. There were two overage costs which we negotiated and Chris was more than fair. His team was always polite and did their very best not to inconvenience you during construction.
Upon completion after roughly three weeks I moved back in and was pissed as I continued to cough. I contacted Chris and he realized that they did not fog the interior of my desks as mold loves paper. I was allergic to both live mold spores and dead mold spores. The reason I tell you this any handyman with a can of bleach and a broom can call himself a mold cleaning service. Chris and his team are specialists that leave no stone unturned.
The reason for my rant about my health earlier is this; after the rooms were completed I continued to cough. It took another five weeks for my lungs to finally heal. It was no fault of Dynamics team. So if you have a child who's bedroom is in the basement and they have allergy issues, I suggest you call Chris at Dynamic. Early detection equals saving money. Doing nothing will get you poisoned like I was. I am so thankful for my luck in finding Dynamic right at the start instead of some schmo with a gallon of bleach and a pick-up truck. Beware, that mold mitigation services are not licensed in the state of Michigan, in most states they are accredited and tested for their knowledge by the state. Be aware that it takes a team like Dynamic to solve your mold problem permanently. A cheap band-aid won't solve the problem when you need a surgical team. Any questions?
Feel free to contact me at;
Give Em a Brake Safety