Bass lessons available: Learn to lay it down! Electric and/or upright bass instruction.
- All styles welcome
- Individualized lessons
- Weekly assignments
- Ear training and sight reading lessons
- Weekly technique building exercises
- Learn healthy practice techniques to avoid wasting time
- Specific rhythmic exercises that will improve your groove quickly
- Help with developing your own sound
- Theory lessons
- Learn all your scales and how to practice them correctly with a metronome
- Fingerings and hand positions
Learn how to construct solid grooving bass lines by studying the masters. I will guide you in any direction you wish to go in. We will spend time listening to greats and learning their lines. The theory behind their bass lines and how to improvise over your favorite tunes.
If you are just beginning I will teach you all about the instrument and even help you pick out equipment that will best suit your needs.
I teach out of my apartment on the upper west side. I have a piano, basses, and drums. Depending on your location i can come to you as well. We can work out the details over the phone.
I graduated from the Oberlin Conservatory of Music where I studied with Eddie Gomez, Billy Hart, Dan Wall, Jamey Haddad, Gary Bartz, Robin Eubanks and many others. Im a professional side man working in the city with many different artists. Touring, recording and writing music. If you would like to see me play and meet up, lets do it!
Call anytime and we can get started!
New York, NY 10032
- Email verified