My career achievements are the following:
- a certified public accountant since May 1997
- 22 years of total accounting experience with 17 years of public accounting experience
- brought current employer from being six months behind in its monthly closing process at the start of my employment to a current status of closing by the 15th of the subsequent month
- Former employer was able to grow its business in my specialty niche due to my extensive technical accounting knowledge and dedicated quality service to its clients
My experience are as follows:
- Accounting manager (July 2011 to December 2013) The Funding Source, LLC 906 Spencer Street Second Floor Syracuse, NY 13204
- Processed accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, loan origination, loan settlement, and daily cash management of numerous bank accounts and other business transactions on an ongoing basis as well as supervised and assisted staff in performing these functions
- Performed monthly and other periodic reconciliations of various general ledger accounts as well as the processing of required adjusting entries and periodic payroll tax returns
- I developed monthly and other periodic internal financial statements and financial analysis for upper management review. Served as primary contact with external auditors, tax authorities, banking representatives and vendor representatives
- Audit manager (February 1, 1995 to April 2011)
Bowers & Company CPAs PLLC 1200 AXA Tower I 100 Madison Street Syracuse, NY 13202
- Managed numerous client engagements involving the preparation of financial statements and related reports, primarily all of which were consolidated or combined entities.
- Supervised personnel on numerous client engagements and produced periodic staff evaluations as well as taught staff personnel about proper accounting, auditing, and financial reporting procedures.
- Concentration of work related to firm's short-line railroad niche in the last five years, resulting in further development of supervisory skills involving out-of-state engagements with multiple staff personnel as well as the strengthening of my risk assessment, analytical and fraudulent transaction investigative skills, and of my interpersonal skills with staff and client personnel
- Extensive experience with clients involving the proper recording of complex financial transactions and the improvement of internal control of client accounting departments
- Extensive accounting, audit and financial reporting experience in manufacturing, transportation, convenience store, fuel distribution, and construction industries.
My educational background is as follows:
- Bachelor Of Science, Major in Accounting: State University of New York at Oswego
Minor: Spanish, Economics G.P.A. 3.4 Accounting G.P.A. 3.3
Honors: President'Âs List and Dean'Âs List
The following are my skills: proficient in Excel, Word, T-Value, BNA Depreciation software, and Quickbooks.