Do I need a parking permit for my moving truck in Seattle?

Thumbtack Editors

A Seattle parking permit could make your move much less stressful and save you time — especially if you’re paying movers by the hour. If you need to reserve curb space for your moving van or truck, you might want to get a temporary no-parking permit. If you need to place a portable container for moving or storage in the public right-of-way, you’ll need to get a street use permit. For more details, contact the Seattle Department of Transportation.

Ready to hire a Mover?

You never pay to use Thumbtack: Get cost estimates, contact pros, and even book the job—all for no cost.