How much does it cost to carpet a bedroom?
If you’re building a new home, remodeling, or ready for new carpet in your bedroom, you’ll want to know carpet installation costs. Here are the factors that affect the cost of your new bedroom carpet:
- Installation cost per square yard: From under $2 to over $6. Carpet companies have a labor cost per square foot for installing your new carpet. Depending on where you live in the country, that rate can vary greatly. This rate does not include the cost of the carpet.
- Type of carpet: from $1 per square foot to $20 or more per square foot. The fibers that make up your carpet will have a direct effect on cost. As an example, specialty wool carpets may start at about $10 per square foot, while a manufactured fiber like nylon may be about $2 per square foot.
- Removal of old carpet: from $1 to $4 per square yard. Old carpet is labor-intensive to remove and also costs money to dispose of or recycle. The cost to remove carpet will depend on how much carpet you need removed and whether your installation pros offer a discounted rate for installing your new carpet at the same time.
- Subfloor repair: from $40 to $70 per hour (plus materials cost). If the flooring underneath your old carpet is damaged, it must be repaired before the new carpet is installed. Many carpet pros can offer this service, or you can hire a handyman to handle the job.
- Type of carpet pad: $1 per square yard and up, depending on the thickness. The cost to install carpet pad is typically included with the labor cost per yard of installing the carpet itself.