What should you look for in a financial planner?
Ultimately, you should hire a financial planner who has the expertise, experience and credentials to help you navigate your finances. You should also make sure you trust your financial planner and can afford their fees.
As you’re evaluating local financial planners, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does this financial planner charge fair fees and prices?
- How do they get paid?
- Will this person act in my best interest?
- Can I trust this person to handle my finances?
- Do they have the necessary certifications, education and credentials?
- Does this financial planner have mostly positive customer reviews?
- Do they specialize in a topic (investing, retirement planning, etc.) that I need help with?