5. Eaton Personal Defense
- 5 years in business
- 34 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves Houston, TX
"I absolutely love my self defense classes with Ken! What i find most helpful is that Ken's lessons are very personalized. I am a petite woman and Ken teaches me how to use my size to my advantage.
I went to about a dozen gyms all over Houston (MMA/Krav Maga/Jiu Jitsu/etc) and Ken is the only person that could offer me everything that i needed/wanted.
(1) He works around my crazy schedule
(2) Personalized training that is AFFORDABLE
(3) Preparing me not just physically, but also mentally
(4) Providing me personalized techniques - example: there is a technique he showed me to free yourself from someone that is choking you, unfortunately my arms just wouldn't reach. He realized this almost immediately and changed the technique right then and there. Within 5 minutes we had a modified move and i was breaking choke holds.
(5) Real world application - example: he teaches body language, so you can better assess when an attack is coming. I told him a get nervous walking to my car, he taught me how to use my keys as a weapon! How to defend myself in a small area (like if someone comes up to me in between 2 cars).
(6) Gets you out of your comfort zone - I have never hit a person and didn't realize how uncomfortable it would be to do so. I felt silly and weak throwing a punch. Literally by the second class all of those feelings were gone. I've only been training for about a month and my punches are awesome! You can literally see the strength i've gained in such a short amount of time.
I feel like this post is getting long, but seriously i cannot stress how great these lessons are. I genuinely think anyone would benefit from these lessons. Its not only a great work out (you will be sore) but its also a great confidence booster. I feel so much safer just doing things that would normally have me worried (ex: walking to my car at night when i work late/late night runs to the grocery store).
If you are serious about self defense, take his classes.
He operates out of a gym that has great people, great environment, and everything you need to train."