Renting a luxury car for an event can be easy. Executive car rental companies provide set rates and package options based on the time of day, the type of car, and the length of time for the rental. A Bentley on a Saturday night will definitely cost more than a stretch Lincoln on a Thursday afternoon, so consider vehicle type and day if you’re concerned about budget. Typically when you rent a luxury car for an event, you are also hiring a chauffeur to drive. If not, you can rent a luxury car through standard car rental companies. For chauffeur-driven executive car rentals, make sure you have a clearly outlined contract to help avoid any potential problems.
Once you have decided on the type of car you want and the length of the rental, review your written contract carefully before paying a deposit. Confirm the price and check to see whether booking fees, tax, gas and surcharges are included. If they’re not, go back and renegotiate to make sure everything is in writing. If driver gratuity is not included in the total, be sure to set aside cash to tip driver at the end of the night; 15 percent to 20 percent is standard if they’ve done a good job. Another way to know upfront what to expect is to request photos of the vehicle you are renting. Now, sit back and enjoy the ride.
A party bus can be a fun and safe way to transport a group of people to or from an event. A party bus can be anything from a retrofitted school bus complete with disco lights, to an upscale shuttle service, to a stretch Hummer with a full bar. What is inside a party bus depends on the company you hire and what you are looking for. Many party buses have bars in them, complete with glassware, ice bins and mini fridges. Often party buses have festive lighting like strobe lights, black lights, dimmable lighting and track lighting on the floor. A party bus usually has loudspeakers in the back for en route dancing and may even have a dancing pole in the center. Some states require seat belts in party buses and decree that all passengers must be seated when the vehicles are moving, so there must be a seat for each passenger. To make sure you know what you are paying for, request photos of the inside and outside of the exact vehicle you are hiring. Also make sure you have all fees and details of what is and is not covered in a written contract.
Party bus prices vary based on the size of party bus you want, the time of day and day of the week you need, and the length of time that you want to rent the bus. The national average price to rent a party bus is $530-$700. Party bus prices can also be affected by where in the country you live. Bigger cities, like New York, have higher fees for insurance, licensing and tolls than a smaller town might, plus a higher cost to do business, so party bus prices will typically be higher than in smaller cities.
The size and luxury of the party bus you want will affect the price. For example, a 10-passenger vehicle could cost $100 per hour, a 14-passenger vehicle could cost $125 per hour, and a 20-passenger vehicle could cost $150 per hour. Party bus prices will also be dictated by the season or holidays. Rental on New Year’s Eve will be much more expensive than on a Tuesday afternoon in November. Most rental companies have a minimum number of hours you must rent, often starting around four hours. The longer you rent, the higher the price. The distance you travel can also affect cost. For example, a driving tour through wine country can cost more than a bar-hopping party through town — even for the same number of hours — due to the additional fuel required to drive the longer distance. Messy party guests can also increase your party bus price. Broken glass, major spills, or damage to the vehicle’s interior or exterior will all be billed to the customer. A company may have a base rate of $150 for excessive cleaning, plus additional charges for actual damage.
If you’re getting married, celebrating a birthday or going to a dance, executive car rentals help you arrive in style. The national average cost of executive car rental ranges from $210 to $400. Here are some of the things that affect the average cost of executive car rentals:
- Day of the week: Weekdays are usually less expensive than weekends, because demand is lower for services. You might save as much as $100-$300 by planning your event mid-week instead of Saturday night.
- Type of car: The fanciness of the car affects your rental rates. For example, a luxury sedan could cost an average of $225 ($75 per hour, with a three-hour minimum), while a 10-person limousine could cost an average of $500 ($125 per hour, with a four-hour minimum).
- Time of day: Evening rentals typically cost more than daytime rentals. You can save an average of $25-$50 per hour by selecting a daytime rental.
- Length of rental: Rental companies usually charge per hour (often with a minimum number of hours). The longer the rental, the higher the rate.
- Holidays: New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, and Super Bowl Sunday are prime time for luxury car rentals. You’ll pay a premium on these days.
Renting a limo for prom is a nice way to treat your kids and make sure they have a safe and elegant ride for the night. Limousine prices for prom rentals can vary; where you live, the size of the limo, and the luxury of the vehicle will all affect cost. Nationally, limousine rental prices average $290-$410, but rentals are in higher demand on prom night, so costs may be higher. Here are some examples of average limousine prices for prom:
- Prom package with luxury sedan: $400. Includes non-alcoholic beverages in the limo, pickup at multiple locations, drop-off at prom, and drive home after.
- Prom package with SUV: $550.
- Prom package with 10-person limo: $850.
- Prom package with 20-person limo: $1,600.
- Prom package with 20-person party bus: $1,800.
- Prom package with 50-person party bus: $3,500.