Introduction: Guitar, piano, and flute lessons with a real world performer! First lesson is free!
Lessons via Skype are also available.
It's time for music lessons! Music is a great way to help kids learn and keep them motivated. Studies show, and I've certainly seen in my own experience, that learning music helps kids with study skills, math, and hand-eye coordination, and it's fun!
Adults are welcome too!
Gift certificates are also available!
Below are the reasons my lessons are different:
* I teach more than just the intro to a bunch of songs and random lessons that don't connect.
* I won't make you drill scales and arpeggios over and over for no reason.
* After we get through some basics, we'll play the kind of music you like.
* I'll also stretch you into areas of music you may not have thought of before.
Here's just some of what you'll learn:
* Correct technique and exercises to keep you from being injured
* Every real-world trick I know to easily read standard notation and tablature
* All the chords you'll ever need
* Improvisation techniques, so you can enjoy the purest form of music
* All the cool little tricks that make you sound like a pro
* Songs you want to learn in your favorite genres
* Groove and strumming exercises to keep you out of a rhythm rut
* The real building blocks of music, so you have a deeper understanding and a better performance
Basically, I'll give you my college music education, and I'll show it to you in a way that will allow you to teach yourself in the future. You won't be left in the dark about how or why we're doing anything, and you'll find each new concept immediately useful.
This is something about me.
My name is Phil Johnson, and I am a professional music artist and songwriter. I have a BA in music from San Jose State University and over 16 years of both teaching and performing experience. Over 500 students have come to me for lessons over the years, and I've been able to help each one. Professionally, I've released 5 CDs and 3 DVDs.
These are real-world lessons to get you on the fast track to playing music. Beginners are always welcome. I accept ages 8 and up, that includes adults!
I work in a cozy home studio on the border of San Jose and Milpitas (near Landess Ave. and Piedmont Rd.).
I have just a few slots open right now, and they will fill up fast, as always. Your first lesson is free, so you have nothing to lose. Lastly, I rarely have anyone quit after the first lesson, so I know you'll enjoy it.
Ask me how you can earn more free lessons!