2. Cheshiredave Creative / Oaktown Boudoir
- 5 years in business
- 89 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves San Ramon, CA
"If you’ve been waiting for “that one review” to really prove that Oaktown Boudoir is the way to go- don’t wait anymore! Cheshire Isaacs is a true exemplar of all that a professional boudoir photographer should strive to be. He is open and receptive to his client’s ideas without losing focus. He is honest and genuine without ever being insensitive. He is incredibly professional without ever being stuffy. The Bay Area is filled with Boudoir Photographers, so I guess the best way to write a proper review is to outline what exactly my own (popular) concerns were and how Cheshire proved triumphant!
1. Will I be comfortable? As a young woman, I was a little concerned about being erotically photographed by a man. Having been through a shoot, it’s obvious that Cheshire cares- from his personally designed music playlists (made in the interest of making the experience as comfortable as possible) to his handmade cheese and cracker platters. He continually went above and beyond for my session and I admire his passion, enthusiasm, and dedication. It shows in both his beautiful work and the long-lasting relationships he has with his clients. He spoke about his wife and daughter frequently, something that showed me his appreciation and respect for women, immediately putting me at ease.
2. Can his studio fit more than one “style” of photoshoot? Cheshire’s studio is open, bright, and filled with possibilities. He can transform the space to fit, I kid you not, any personality and style. In a matter of minutes (just enough time to refill a wine glass), his studio can go from a brightly lit angelic state to a dark, sexy, and sultry one. He mentioned having custom-designed the space alongside his wife, something that told me just how invested he was in the style and overall vibe of his studio. For my images in particular, I knew that I wanted little editing and wanted the images to be as “real” as possible. Somehow Cheshire still made it look like I was a model and knew exactly how to manipulate each pose to accentuate all the good and cleverly soften all the bad (without photoshop).
3. Will I get my money’s worth? Whichever amount of time you decide to book Cheshire for, know that not a minute will be wasted. He knows how to get down to business and not waste time while simultaneously not rushing through any poses. This guy was sweating as he climbed up and down ladders, moved heavy couches and bed sets, and adjusted lights. His hard work pays off in the beauty of his finished products! His experience in the field is obvious in the way he can quickly evaluate a pose and make small nuanced changes in position to get a desired look. I am but a poor college student and Cheshire’s prices were definitely better than most photographers around. He could easily charge three times as much for his services and would still be the deal of a lifetime.
4. Will my images be published? Cheshire was very thorough and attentive when listening to what I was comfortable with. He assured me that no images would be posted without explicit approval. In the end, his work was so beautiful that I would have been fine with it being printed on billboards and bus ads- really!
5. What about makeup? Cheshire notified me in one of our first correspondences that he had a partnership with a makeup artist, Thuy, who would be on-site for a small fee. Let me tell you- Thuy is more than simply a makeup artist- she really does it all. Not only did she do an absolutely spectacular job with my makeup, but she was the ultimate hype-woman!!! She stayed for nearly the entire session for touch-ups, glamour, and enthusiastic words of support. The experience wouldn’t have been the same without her.
Every person that sees the finished images says, “Wow, I wish I’d done something like this.” Don’t be that person! Don’t wait another day, don’t look for another review, don’t google “Boudoir Photographer” again. Oaktown Boudoir is that good.
Doing a boudoir shoot is obviously a large lump sum of money to dedicate to something that isn’t necessarily “necessary,” but my experience with Oaktown Boudoir is something that I will truly treasure for the rest of my life and always reflect on with a smile and a deep, deep appreciation for Cheshire Isaacs! He knows how to make a client feel like a friend, and that’s something you don’t come by often."