Mr. Baynes has been a contractor for me for numerous projects in my home. The scope and nature of the project work included entire interior and exterior painting of a 6800 sq. ft. home, deck restoration and painting, siding replacement, new construction of sunroom, power washing of house exterior and driveways, new appliance installations, wall and ceiling replacement after major water damage, carpet installation, tile refinishing in the bath area, painting of exterior rod iron fence and gates and widow re-sealing and re-glazing. While home improvement projects are inherently stressful for almost any homeowner, Mr. Baynes’s services as a contractor were invaluable, and I have been extremely pleased with the final result. Specifically, I would give Mr. Baynes top marks in the following areas:
1. Quality of work performed. The quality of work done was consistently. Mr. Baynes
was knowledgeable, skilled, and competent in his respective trades. He was conscientious about all of the project specifications, and his work product rarely needed improvement or revision.
2. Quality of work. Mr. Baynes was professional, reliable, courteous, and respectful of my property and privacy. He had an old school work ethic (often 10-hour days, some Saturdays), good work habits, strong safety orientation, and emphasized getting the job done right rather than doing it fast. His pride in his work was evident. He tidied up at the end of each workday. I also found him to be trustworthy, and felt comfortable with allowing him access inside my home.
3. Project management and coordination. Mr. Baynes’s prior experience working in construction really paid off. He was knowledgeable about all aspects of my projects, and was able to plan, coordinate and manage the activities, effectively.
4. Integrity and professionalism. Throughout the projects, I was impressed with Mr. Baynes’s
commitment to generating a top quality product, rather than maximizing his profit margin.
5. Effective communication. Mr. Baynes kept me closely informed of work schedules, delivery
dates, and projected completion dates of different phases of the projects. His communication
was always clear, informative, and helpful.
6. Flexibility and effectiveness in dealing with unexpected developments. When unforeseen
problems surfaced (e.g., water damage behind a wall; he worked diligently with me to identify solutions that was acceptable to me.
7. Responsiveness to my needs and concerns. Mr. Baynes’s commitment to my
satisfaction was evident in his actions.
8. Truth in advertising. In his proposal, Mr. Baynes gave a clear breakdown of costs for each facet of the projects. His contract was just as detailed in describing the work to be done and the
itemized costs. When the project was completed, all the work was done as described and agreed upon, and there were no hidden costs, extra expenses or unpleasant surprises. As a homeowner and customer, I felt Ms. Baynes delivered exactly what he had promised, at the agreed upon price.