5. American Canine Institute - IDAHO, Inc.
- 35 years in business
- 24 hires on Thumbtack
"Here's what I love about John and the other ACI Trainers:
- John trained *me* on how to train my dog - he didn't just train my dog. This is an extremely important difference. John, my primary trainer, believes in "letting your dog be the best that he can be", or I should say "teach an owner to understand how your dog can be the best he can be". After all, what are you going to do after the trainer leaves? Which brings me to my next point.
- Our first visit included an evaluation of my alpha German Shepherd dog. I paid John for 1 hour and he stayed for 2.5 hours. You could tell he loves what he does, and how excited he was about making a difference for me and my dog. I didn't feel rushed and I certainly feel this isn't just a business for him, it is a passion.
- The ACI Team loves dogs (especially John)! Here's what I mean - their focus wasn't just on making my dog listen & behave, their focus is on making my dog feel happy & secure. John brought up several times in training class and through different conversations that it is still okay to spoil your dog and it does not mean I should stop spoiling my dog. It's about making it clear to my dog when he is doing something right vs. doing something wrong and potentially unsafe. Training is about clear communication.
- John understands large dogs and their needs. He is available to help if there are any issues of your dog getting overly assertive or simply just misbehaving because your dog wants your attention "now" outside of training classes. He is AMAZING with large dominate/alpha dogs!
So if you are looking for help making a happier and safer home for your family and your dog - call John at ACI. Do it. I promise you won't regret it, and your furry little or large pup will be the happier for it."