Q. Describe the most common types of jobs you do for your clients.
A. Residential homes of all kinds: lofts, studios, townhomes, houses, condos, etc and Commercial spaces such as showrooms, restaurants, nightclubs, yoga centers, retail shops, art galleries and studios. You name it! I can even work with your floorplans BEFORE you build your dream home.
Q. What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A. Feng shui is such an esoteric practice. It’s often misunderstood and categorized as hooey, hocus-pocus, or even voodoo. It’s none of those things. Still, there is a tendency in our society to put a shingle out and call ourselves experts after having read a book or two or maybe taken a seminar. So how to select a consultant?
• Will you want to use a compass school method or a form school method? Have your consultant explain the merits and pitfalls of both to you.
• Where or with whom did your consultant study? How many years has she or he been practicing?
• Will your consultant be able to provide you with references from previous clients? Why not?
• Does your consultant satisfy all of your questions and concerns about feng shui and your particular project to help you decide if feng shui is right for you?
• Will your consultant provide a written report and/or offer continuing followup support in case more questions arise after you receive your analysis?
• Have you shopped around to compare consultant fees among comparably experienced feng shui practitioners offering similar services?
• Do you feel comfortable with this consultant in your initial emails, phone calls, meetings? Trust your intuition and let it guide you to the right practitioner for you.
Q. Why does your work stand out from others who do what you do?
A. Feng Shui By Fishgirl studied feng shui with masters in Hong Kong and Taiwan more than 25 years ago--when there was only one English language book on the subject. With that many more years practice, Katy applies her own experienced wisdom to the ancient knowledge of feng shui.
Q. What do you like most about your job?
A. Helping people to harmonize and heal their space is what it's all about for me. There's no better feeling than being able to help people create a solid foundation to attract opportunities to them through feng shui.
Q. How did you decide to get in your line of work?
A. I was employed in the fashion industry as a knitwear designer for Liz Claiborne. Liz and her husband Art Ortenberg introduce me to their feng shui master and gave me the first/only book written in English back in 1983. I was hooked from then on and began my studies over the course of more than 100 visits to Asia.
Q. If you have a complicated pricing system for your service, please give all the details here.
A. My fees are based on size of job by square footage or a flat fee. Currently I have a special Feng Shui Office Energizer (1 office room) Special for $99 by mail.