Q. Do you have a standard pricing system for your service? If so, please share the details here.
A. My fees are based on size of job by square footage or a flat fee. Currently I have a special Feng Shui Office Energizer (1 office room) Special for $99 by mail.
Q. How did you get started doing this type of work?
A. I was employed in the fashion industry as a knitwear designer for Liz Claiborne. Liz and her husband Art Ortenberg introduce me to their feng shui master and gave me the first/only book written in English back in 1983. I was hooked from then on and began my studies over the course of more than 100 visits to Asia.
Q. What types of customers have you worked with?
A. Residential homes of all kinds: lofts, studios, townhomes, houses, condos, etc and Commercial spaces such as showrooms, restaurants, nightclubs, yoga centers, retail shops, art galleries and studios. You name it! I can even work with your floorplans BEFORE you build your dream home.
Q. What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
A. Feng shui is such an esoteric practice. It’s often misunderstood and categorized as hooey, hocus-pocus, or even voodoo. It’s none of those things. Still, there is a tendency in our society to put a shingle out and call ourselves experts after having read a book or two or maybe taken a seminar. So how to select a consultant?
• Will you want to use a compass school method or a form school method? Have your consultant explain the merits and pitfalls of both to you.
• Where or with whom did your consultant study? How many years has she or he been practicing?
• Will your consultant be able to provide you with references from previous clients? Why not?
• Does your consultant satisfy all of your questions and concerns about feng shui and your particular project to help you decide if feng shui is right for you?
• Will your consultant provide a written report and/or offer continuing followup support in case more questions arise after you receive your analysis?
• Have you shopped around to compare consultant fees among comparably experienced feng shui practitioners offering similar services?
• Do you feel comfortable with this consultant in your initial emails, phone calls, meetings? Trust your intuition and let it guide you to the right practitioner for you.