Do I need a wedding day coordinator?
Even if you’ve handled every detail of planning your wedding, you might appreciate having a day-of wedding coordinator in your corner. Usually, the coordinator meets with you a few weeks before your wedding to put together a detailed timeline of everything that needs to happen on your wedding day. Then, on the big day, the coordinator makes sure everything goes according to plan — and handles any emergencies that pop up, such as party crashers, missing tuxedos, late vendors, disappearing bridal party members and more. Most wedding coordinators also handle:
- Distributing the wedding day timeline to all of your vendors.
- Coordinating all of your vendors, including the photographer, florist and baker.
- Conducting the wedding rehearsal.
- Helping the bride and her wedding party get dressed and take photos.
- Checking floor plans, lighting levels, cake placement, menus, favors and more.
- Collecting the wedding gifts and keeping personal items safe and accounted for.
Even if you don’t think you need a wedding coordinator, check with your venue. Some require that couples hire a day-of wedding coordinator for the day of the event.