How do you choose the right makeup artist for your wedding?
A wedding makeup artist can ensure a flawless look on your big day. Finding the perfect person isn’t all about price, though. Here are tips for choosing the right makeup artist for your wedding:
- Research before reaching out. Wedding makeup artists should have an online presence with portfolios of their work. Find someone with an aesthetic you love.
- Read reviews. You want a wedding makeup artist who’ll be on time, do beautiful work, and add a positive vibe to your day. Pay attention if previous clients report bad experiences with a makeup artist.
- Consider skin tones. If your bridal party has a range of skin tones, make sure your wedding makeup artist and assistants are experienced and talented working with everyone.
- Is your top pick available on your date? If so, put down a deposit to secure their services.
- Confirm rates and payment. Clearly discuss prices and payment plans, and sign a detailed contract so there are no surprises on your wedding day.