How do you plan for a carpet installation project?
Start by researching your options and figuring out the following:
- What kind of carpet do you want?
- How big are the rooms where you plan to install the carpet?
- What type of backing is required?
- Does the subfloor need to be prepared?
- Do you need to make any repairs to your flooring?
- When do you want the installation process done?
- What is your budget?
- Who is the best company or contractor in your area for the project?
Next, remove furniture from the room and give it a deep clean. Hire contractors to remove the current flooring if necessary. Schedule your carpet installer to have access to the room for as many days as they need for the project.