How much do wedding makeup artists cost?
A wedding means love, celebration and tons of wedding photos. Professional wedding makeup artists have you looking your best on your big day and forever after in your wedding photos. The national average cost for a wedding makeup artist is $70-$100, although this price can increase based on your location, the extent of the makeup services and the reputation of the makeup artist. Most wedding makeup artists offer discounts to brides who book group services for their maids, mothers and flower girls at the same time. Wedding makeup artists who also do wedding hair usually offer package rates for hair and makeup combos. Here are some examples of average wedding makeup pricing:
- Bridal makeup: $85-$125. Pricing often includes full face, eyes, lips, brows and false eyelashes. Airbrush makeup may be an additional $20 or more.
- Bridal hair and makeup: $150-$200.
- Bridesmaid and bridal party makeup: $50-$100 per person.
- Bridesmaid hair and makeup: $100-$150.
- Flower girl makeup: $25-$35.
- Trial sessions: $60-$120, depending on the makeup artist. Some charge their full rate and others charge a partial rate for trial makeup services.
- Hourly rates to stay on and keep makeup touched up throughout reception: $35-$75 per hour.
- Travel fees: 50 cents to $1 per additional mile beyond a set radius — such as 50 miles.