How much does it cost to stage a home for sale?
Nationally, the price for home staging ranges between $750 and $1,500. The price varies based on how many rooms in the house need staging, whether furniture and decor are needed or the stager can work with the client’s belongings, whether the home is occupied or vacant, and the sale price of the home. Occupied homes typically cost less to stage as they are already furnished, and can require less time and resources than staging an empty house. The main tasks when staging an occupied home are rearranging and decluttering. Staging an empty house can be more expensive as furniture and decor need to be trucked in, requiring transportation, physical labor and potential rental fees. Here are some examples of average home staging costs:
- 2-hour consultation: $200, includes DIY tips and guidance.
- 1- to 2-hour consultation and design session: $250, including written report.
- Additional design consulting: $65 per hour.
- 8 hours of staging an occupied home: $800.
- Hands-on staging involving moving furniture, hanging and moving art, and decluttering.
- Starting price for staging a vacant home could be $2,200.
- A home stager may charge 1 percent of the home’s selling price.