What should you ask a financial planner?
When evaluating potential financial planners and advisors to hire, it’s important to do your research — and ask plenty of questions. Here are some questions you can ask before making a decision on who to hire:
- How much do you charge for your services?
- How do you set your prices and fees? What is your fee structure?
- Are you a fee-only financial planner?
- Are you a fiduciary?
- What certifications, degrees, designations and credentials do you have?
- What is your area of expertise (e.g., retirement, taxes, investments, etc.)
- How long have you been a financial planner?
- Do you have any references I can contact?