What should you not do when staging a house?
When staging your house, there are several mistakes to avoid. For example:
- Don’t choose furniture that’s too big.
- Don’t base your staging only on what’s trendy and popular. Instead, choose a style that’s somewhere between modern and traditional.
- Don’t overdo neutral tones — throw some color in.
- But don’t overdo bright colors and bold patterns.
- Remove heavy window treatments or other darkening materials.
- Add lights where there aren’t enough (it’s hard to have too much light).
- Don’t feel the need to only place furniture against walls. You can place it several feet away to create walkways and gathering spaces.
Find a home staging professional in your area who can help you avoid common home staging mistakes.