"As the director of the most dynamic guitar school in Oregon, it is my mission to connect students to a learning experience that delivers results. We offer private and group lessons at our studio in Portland, and online for students around the world.
Guitar may be a totally new adventure for you, or perhaps you've taken lessons in the past but didn't see the consistent growth you'd envisioned. There are a few common obstacles that guitar players run into early on:
1. You figured out how to read guitar tabs for a few of your favorite tunes but it didn't feel like you were really learning the instrument.
2. Nobody explained the proper technique for holding the guitar, holding the pick, or maintaining posture, so your fingers or wrist hurt, making the whole thing a PAIN.
3. You learned some open chords but want to be able to play melody in between them.
4. Music theory was explained in a way that simply did not make sense or add value. This was frustrating because you have learned lots of other difficult concepts from books or in school. “Why is music theory so hard…?” Trust me this is not your fault, it’s just that music theory has to be broken down into manageable chunks. It might seem scary at first but I promise we will succeed here.
5. It doesn't make sense for you to go to music school, but you're still serious about getting good at guitar. The trouble has been finding a teacher or program that fits your budget and schedule, while still offering a world class experience.
Working together, none of the obstacles you may have faced with guitar are going to stand in your way anymore. If you are brand new to guitar, you will be starting in the right place. From the first session, you'll be on track to you have fun and make consistent progress. Each student will be guided through a custom curriculum made up of a catalogue of learning resources we have developed in-house. Each aspect of learning guitar, from chords and scales to practice strategy, have been broken down and consolidated into lesson plans that we will provide to you electronically. Each week, you'll build out your custom curriculum with pre-made components, helping you stay organized and able to track your progress.
I love teaching students of any experience level, and have lesson materials for any goal or question you may have. What is a note? How do I strum a chord? Should I learn to read music? How do I produce my own music? Should I drop out of college to pursue my band? (maybe)
I work with each student as an individual and craft a program that fits your experience level, schedule, and goals. The details of everyone’s lessons will be different, but the value the same; you will have everything you need to succeed with guitar.
That about covers it. Thank YOU for your interest in pursuing guitar. It provides so much to anyone who gives it an earnest shot, and it is my absolute favorite thing in the world.
Feel free to shoot me a message here on thumbtack. I’d love to chat and answer any questions you might have.
All the best,