I am an administrative assistant and civil litigation paralegal or case manager.
My services include the following:
- Preparing agendas (staff meetings and minutes thereafter) as well as expense reports, booking travels, calendaring deadlines or appointments, scheduling/coordinating conferences and making travel arrangements
- Exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality in the handling of sensitive company and clientele information
- Preparing pleadings and other legal documents, correspondence, and exhibits, format and proof
- Assisting in the preparation of legal memoranda, cite-checking, applying Blue Book rules, formatting and proofing
- Gathering facts, documents, and evidences to assist in the initiation of legal action or motion practice, assist with discovery requests and responses, conduct document searches, organize documents (exhibits) and coordinate document productions, including Bates stamping, redaction, production logs, and e-discovery.
- Maintaining and search databases (time matters and needles among others)
- Working with clients and class members to gather and convey information
- Working with clients and medical providers to obtain medical records, review and cull pertinent information from the records, and coordinate with third-party payors
- Preparing materials for oral arguments
- Preparing for trials, organize exhibits, witness materials, the trial notebook, and all other supporting documents, and coordinate trial logistics
- Assisting with appellate briefs and appendices, cite-checking, applying Blue Book rules, formatting and proofing.
In addition to performing administrative functions such as assisting in maintaining a paperless office by scanning and filing documents in document management system, performing Word processing functions, perform filing, e-filing, service and mailing of pleadings, documents, correspondence and courtesy copies, preparing expense reports, entering time sheets, booking travels, calendaring court deadlines, and scheduling/coordinating conferences and travels