I perform with and teach (and direct) actors about TV/film, voice, method, classical and theater acting and directing, voice-overs, auditions, improv, etc. (see resume below).
Humor is important in communications, so I use a lot of it in creative exercises and skits which are fun to the student. Some of my clients have included the Tempe Improv, the Second City courses in New York City and Sandra Day O'Connor.
The following info are Jay Steinberg's acting, teaching, film and TV bio:
* Education - M.F.A., USC cinema and TV arts (1973)
* Business experience - CEO, Mediaworks TV and film production, Hollywood, CA (1975-84)
* Acting and music - (Over 300 shows in New York and Hollywood since 1967), Drama, comedy improv, musicals, piano/keyboard concerts, recent TV appearances (Phoenix area) for Ch.15 (ABC), Ch.5 (CBS), Ch.3 (Ind.), produced and directed pilot for KAZ-TV: SHOWBIZ AZ)
* Voice-overs - Radio/TV commercials (Visa, Pizza Hut), many roles and dialects, storytelling and comedy characterizations.
* Teaching - TV/radio commercial acting and voice-overs, acting/improv for stage/screen, modeling and public speaking. I have worked with L'Image in Scottsdale, AZ (1991-1994), Robert Black & Associates in Scottsdale, AZ (1993-1004), Plaza 3 in Phoenix, AZ (1986-1991), Phoenix Parks & Recreation in Phoenix, AZ (1984-1991) and Los Angeles City Schools in Hollywood, CA (1976-1982)
* Film/TV experience (1991-present) - Producer, director, composer for over 30 productions including "ShowBiz AZ", a 60-minute TV talk show pilot showcasing AZ indie-arts talent, wrote, produced and directed for KAZ-TV (2005-06). "Nowhere, Arizona", a 2-hour DVD dramatic feature screened on 10/29/03, assoc. prod. for dir-prod. Jeff Sherman, scored all original music, title song, music video and CD. "Growing Up Together", a one-hour TV special celebrating KPHO's 50th anniversary, broadcast on Ch.5-CBS on 12/4/99 and 12/26/99, original score, co-production with Bill McCune, McCune TV. Included 75 one-min. vignettes ("We Remember") of Phoenix life and TV broadcasting since 1950, which aired on KPHO's 6PM News on 11/99-01/00. "Live and Let Live, Live!", a 2000 Emmy-nominated 100-min. video of live, two-act production at Ch.5 (CBS) studios, poetry, storytelling, music and humor, about tolerance and diversity in human relations and music direction/performance. Produced by McCuneTV for corp's, schools and universities. Broadcast Phx. Ch.11, 9/26-29/00
* Additional experience in Hollywood (1976-1990) - Writer, producer, director and composer. Numerous productions in Hollywood for TV/film including Rhoda, Hawaii Five-0, Newhart, Love American Style, Walter, Night Children, Cobweb, Fearless Men of The Movies. Worked with stars like Jack Lemmon, Lloyd Bridges, Danny Kaye, Michael Jackson and Jackson Five, Ella Fitzgerald, Jim Henson, etc.
* Honers - One Oscar nomination, two Emmy nominations and WGA Writers Award