Fantastic florist who created a beautiful wedding arch, bridal bouquets and table decor on a very very short timeline. Irene definitely has the eye and vision and was able to fashion beautiful and elegant arrangements only based on our phone conversations as I am not local. I definitely recommend and will update with pictures as soon as I receive them!
Worst Experience Ever. Keep Reading.
Kelsey, We will point out step by step the contract breaches we are holding you responsible for at our wedding 10/8/22. The setup time was 2:30-4:30PM and you were late getting to the venue. It is not our job to estimate how much time you need and you need to plan your time accordingly for a 2 hour upfront window for preparation. Clearly you did not allow time to finish the welcome table with the votives as shown below:
When we walked into the venue, we noticed the following
1. The florals on the welcome table were much smaller than what we expected based on pictures that were sent to you and had agreed upon.
2. The votive candles on the welcome table were missing - this was a big deal as the welcome table is the first thing that guests see when they walked in. It was sparse. Your excuse that you did not have enough time is totally unacceptable and not enough money in the budget ($5,657.87 is what we paid) is more unacceptable. The votives are a few dollars each and the budget accounted for them. Seeing how upset I was about this, our wedding coordinator was able to find some votives from our wedding venue and place them on the welcome table. This of course was after the guests arrived.
3. The staircase railing arrangement was smaller than expected based on photo requests that we sent and agreed upon (similar to welcome table).
4. The florals on the stairs were smaller than expected based on photo requests that we sent and agreed upon.
5. The cake was to be cut at 8pm but we cut it late and were told by the venue that the timeframe was delayed because of floral set up. You were notified upon hiring that there was 1 hour flip to change from ceremony to reception. I also told you weeks before the wedding that if you thought that the bud vases would be too much to set out in that timeframe that we would be okay with bouquets. You told me that you come with help and it shouldn’t be a problem. Well, it was a problem.
6. The cake was one of the most disappointing features of the night. We opted for the most simple wedding cake to be adorned with flowers and surrounded with bud vases and votives. Not only were there no votives or bud vases, the florals on the cake were just minimal and bare. There were two flowers set on our cake. Our event coordinator had to take a floor arrangement and place it near the cake. She also had to find votives to place near the cake.
7. There were no vases with candles on the floor next to our sweetheart table. - NONE - this was in our budget and paid for in advance. Did you offer money back for these? No.
9. During the switch from ceremony to reception, misshapen brown boxes, Amazon boxes, random labeled boxes (a cleaning product box? really?) were spread throughout the venue . You don’t have any clear bins or uniform bins that are a little more aesthetically pleasing? This of course is a style point, but it just added to the night of floral disappointments.
10. We have to pay our organizer, photographers, videographer, DJ extra money for their services because the Event Master notified us that he would add 30 min more time to our wedding day and end at 10 pm instead of 9:30pm because of the delays that happened earlier with setting up florals during the switch from ceremony to reception (the florals for tables).
11. The Arc was nice, it had a lot of flowers. But it's like Kelsey perseverated on one task and forgot about the rest of the venue after that and it's NOT okay. This is not a professional or even a novice florist.
We've requested a partial refund from Thyme Florals (Kelsey Grina) but she does not respond. We may go to small claims court for this debauchery. And is it even worth it? The time and effort? Probably not. She'll make out like a bandit. At this point we just want to prevent others from our wedding mishaps.
Ready to find a pro?
See more reviews, compare prices, and hire your favorite pros all with Thumbtack.
Why hire professionals on Thumbtack?
Free to use
You never pay to use Thumbtack: Get cost estimates, contact pros, and even book the job—all for no cost.
Compare prices side-by-side
You’ll know how much your project costs even before booking a pro.
Hire with confidence
With access to 1M+ customer reviews and the pros’ work history, you’ll have all the info you need to make a hire.