YOU CAN TEACH a 4-7-YEAR-OLD TO READ AND I CAN HELP YOU!
Three Types of Adult Support I Provide for Teaching Young Children:
1. Private coaching for parents or teachers, on an hourly basis on Zoom or in your home in the Seattle area ($60 per hour)
2. In-home consultations for parents where I can help you set up a nurturing and effective learning environment for your child ($100 per hour in the Seattle area *)
3. Seminars for parents, teachers, families, communities, churches, homeschool groups, PTAs, and friends who CAN teach 4-7-year-old children. Learn to read in a step by step, systematic, simple way! ($200 per hour)
To be successful, parents and educators will find it invaluable to know:
• How children learn
• That 0-6-year-olds have an absorbent mind *, through which they
effortlessly absorb information
• That children love to learn
• That there is a dependable, step by step reading sequence to follow
that can empower anyone to teach
• How to use hands-on reading materials that are like a series of card
games so that children can almost teach themselves to read. See that
these materials are tailored to the needs of young children
• How to establish simple routines at home or school of 10-15 minutes per day where practicing or “playing with the materials” enables children to successfully read!
• It is not difficult for most children to learn to read if they have the right tools and adults who understand a simple sequence.
As a Montessori teacher with 25+ years' experience teaching reading and writing to children 4-7 years old, including my own six children, I am passionate about showing adults how they CAN teach children to read. Let’s start a revolution in learning!
What I offer to Parents, Teachers, and All Who Would Support Children:
1. I provide private consultations and seminars for parents and teachers. If this is done in connection with tutoring, it will maximize the tutoring opportunity for children. Parents will be more conscious of developmental needs and will be more engaged. They can better understand and so support the child's efforts with hands-on reading materials. Simple feedback and demonstrations to you as your child is learning can be a great help.
2. I also provide seminars in which I communicate all of the above in further detail about how children learn and also lay out a clear sequence of how to teach reading. This can be step by step training for parents, teachers, and others! I use power points and other presentation materials to give detailed instructions about how to teach. I demonstrate the use of the materials and make recommendations. Understand how children learn and how to ensure the building of a successful reading foundation.
*Please note I charge transportation fee of $1.00 per mile for transportation.See more