A good logo is an easily identifiable, memorable image that represents your brand. A good logo design aligns with your business model and expresses your company’s core values. A good logo design is simple, appealing, and easy for customers and viewers to quickly process. Some of the key components of a great logo are type, color palette and design. The scale, font and arrangement of the text you select will all make a difference in the feel and representation of your brand. A graphic designer will help you home in on the colors that best represent your identity and help you keep the color palette simple. The design of your logo includes the shapes you select and the way the color and type are arranged together. Investing in the services of a professional to create your logo design is likely a smart investment for any size business. Nationally, the average price range for a logo designer ranges from $170 to $250.
Logo design is an important part of your company’s brand development. More than an image with text and color, a logo communicates the tone and personality of your company to your potential customers. Hiring a graphic designer with an appealing portfolio and quality reviews is a solid start to creating a winning logo design. The cost to create a logo can depend on how in-depth the marketing and design services you request are. Designers can create one logo in multiple formats (horizontal, vertical, etc.) to fit both your website and social media platforms, they can create a variety of designs for clients to select from, or they can create multiple logos for one client who needs branding for more than one venture. Logos may be text-only, text and image, or image-only. Many designers and design firms charge by the hour for their services, while other companies offer packages bundled with design services. Here are some examples of cost:
- National average cost to hire a logo designer: $170-$250.
- Average hourly rate for a freelance marketing consultant: about $150.
- Tiered pricing for logo design packages from one firm:
- Package One: $200 for three logo concepts, three rounds of revision, and a variety of format and color end designs.
- Package Two: $350 for 10 logo concepts, unlimited rounds of revision, and a variety of format and color end designs.
- Package Three: $550 for everything included in the Package Two, plus business card design, letterhead design, social media graphics and an email signature.
- Package Four: $850 for everything in the Package Three, plus custom brand guidelines, which outline a strategy for creating a consistent branding in the client’s business.