5. Lenny VanGo Moving Services
- 5 years in business
- 415 hires on Thumbtack
- Serves Plant City, FL
- Effectively moved heavy furniture and appliances (including carrying some very heavy machines upstairs).
- Disassembled and reassembled some large items (like a table, squat rack, etc).
- Upon arrival at the new house, placed items where I wanted them to be.
- Affable owner and workers. Lenny was cooperative and genuinely seemed to want to make me happy with respect to my move.
Opportunities for improvement:
- Could have shown a bit more care for fragile items, like boxes containing glassware, breakfast nook chairs (one of which was dinged), my mattress (which was not wrapped in plastic and could have torn), and monitors (which had some minor cosmetic scratches to the bases and fingerprints all over the screens).
- Should have taken more of the small items out of rooms/the garage after I said "everything in this room/bathroom should be moved" or "everything in this pile in the garage goes." I did ask that some items be left in the master bedroom closet, but there was significantly more than that left around the house, and I ended up having to make three additional trips with my car to pick up those small items.
- Should probably have brought more moving materials, including a few flattened boxes, tape, and plastic bags, since it's possible that the client may not have boxed literally everything completely.
Overall, I think Lenny VanGo did a reasonably decent job moving me, especially for the price I paid (hence the 4 stars). That being said, I don't know if I'd hire them again, as I'm not sure if the cost in time and money of picking up all the small items that were left in the first house and the minor damage to certain items would make up for the difference in cost between them and their more expensive competitors."