Electricians, handymen and TV installation specialists may all provide television mounting services. The person who does the mounting should be qualified and knowledgeable about basic construction concepts as well as working with audiovisual cables. In general, no specialized certificates are required to provide television mounting services, but as always do your diligence and make smart hiring decisions.
It’s important to find an experienced professional who will ensure the TV wall mount meets building code. Most regions have fire codes that don’t permit high-voltage power cords behind walls (low-voltage wires like HDMI and video cables are generally acceptable). A basic wall mount on drywall may take approximately one to two hours, while more complex mounts on brick or stone with hidden cables can take three or more hours. If you need more electrical outlets installed near your entertainment system, you may want to hire an electrician. Check out our tips for smart hiring on Thumbtack.
Nationally, the average price range for TV repair is $60-$90. LCD TV repairs are one of the most common TV repair requests. A liquid crystal display (LCD) TV uses the same technology as your smartphone and most computer screens. Images are created on an LCD screen by electric currents that pass or block light through liquid crystals that are encased between two polarized, glass-like sheets. LCD TVs can be very thin and are relatively affordable, making them one of the most prevalent types of TV on the market. If you have a broken LCD TV, it can probably be repaired. Common problems that can be repaired include a blank screen, sound issues, power problems and digital connection problems. Here is one example of LCD TV repair cost:
- 55-inch Samsung LCD TV repair: $150, including parts and labor
- The LCD was intermittently powering up and powering off. The main circuit board was removed and replaced.
Yes, you can usually fix a flat screen TV. Whether you have a plasma, LED, OLED, HDR, HD or even LCD, TV repair pros can repair your TV. Flat screen TVs are expensive, and when they stop working it can make your heart stop. But TV repair technicians have advanced along with TV technology and are equipped with the proper tools and training for major and minor repairs. If your flat screen is too massive to transport, most repair companies have pickup and drop-off service. For the most common problems, TV repair pricing might range between $175 and $200 on average. Here are examples of the most common problems:
- Power problems: The TV won’t turn on or will not stay on once started.
- Digital problems: All connections are in place but you’re not receiving any signal.
- Sound problems: There is no sound, the volume doesn’t respond to attempts to raise or lower it, or the volume is inconsistent.
- Screen problems: The TV is on but there is no picture.
Elevate your home style with television mounting services. The national average price for television mounting services ranges between $100 and $130. Factors that can affect cost are the material of the wall you want the TV mounted on, whether you want the wires hidden, and any additional entertainment system connection you desire. It probably costs more to mount a TV on brick, stone or concrete than on drywall or plaster due to the added labor required to drill holes. For example, a company may charge an additional $99 to mount a TV on a brick wall. Here are some examples of average costs for television mounting services:
- Basic TV wall mount: $40. Does not include bracket, device connection or strip management.
- TV wall mount: $119. Includes bracket, mounting services, strip management system (for concealing external wires), and connection of all entertainment devices.
- TV wall mount with wires hidden inside wall: $139.
- Installation of additional electrical outlet: $65.
- TV wall mount over fireplace with wires hidden: $179-$249.
- TV wall mount and up to 5 speakers wall-mounted with hidden wires: $399.
If your TV isn’t working, don’t despair. TV repair professionals can handle almost any situation, no matter how new or outdated your TV’s technology. The national average TV repair cost is $50-$90, although prices can be higher based on the type of TV and the work required. Because most TVs today are much too large to transport in an ordinary car, many companies provide transportation services for an added fee. Here are some examples of average TV repair costs for specific problems and TV models:
- 65-inch Sony DLP TV repair cost: $275, including parts and labor.
- Removed old light engine and bulb and installed new.
- 42-inch Sanyo Plasma TV repair cost: $200, including parts and labor.
- Multiple circuit boards had gone bad in the TV. Technicians installed a new Y-SUS sustain buffer board and an X main board.
- 55-inch Samsung LCD TV repair cost: $150, including parts and labor.
- The LCD was intermittently powering up and powering off. Replacing the main circuit board solved the problem.