Introduction: IN-PERSON LESSONS AVAILABLE IN LOUISVILLE, KY 🎉
Online lessons are available to all students via zoom: this includes local students in Louisville, KY and out of area students.
The moment students enter my studio, they're on track to becoming confident, joyful flutists with a life-long love of flute playing. I'm here to guide my students to whatever success means to them -- and push them when they need it. My studio is a safe place where mistakes are welcome and students don't have to carry the weight of perfectionism.
Private lessons in my studio allow my students to achieve their goals quickly and joyfully with the guidance of an experienced flutist and teacher. I've worked with incredible teachers and students alike and have fine tuned my teaching to meet students right where they are, while giving them all of the tips and tricks I've learned along the way.
By taking private flute lessons, you will:
1. Improve your tone, technique, breathing, and articulation so you can sound stunning
2. Set clear goals and work hard to meet them (I'll be there to help you along the way!)
3. Gain audition and performance skills so you can play with confidence (and say goodbye to losing sleep over a playing test)
4. Learn all of my practicing tips and tricks to finally enjoy practicing (you'll actually WANT to take out your flute every day!)
5. Say goodbye to perfectionism and comparison so you can become your best flutey self
6. Play games in lessons and dance it out whenever needed (sometimes you just have to get out of your head, am I right?)
7. Get access to my annual program offerings
After several years of teaching flutists in private lessons, sectionals, and workshops, and studying and performing with some fabulous flute players, I’ve noticed that the moment students take control and become the boss (and stop trying to please others), THAT’S the moment they reach success: i.e. get into all state and honor bands, get a distinguished rating at solo/ensemble, finally get that higher chair placement, etc. They just need an experienced player to unlock the confidence they need, combined with the nitty gritty: great tone, technique, vibrato, phrasing, and more.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education, am a certified music teacher, and have taught private flute lessons for several years. I've played in masterclasses with some of the best flutists around, been a finalist in competitions, taught flute workshops, and perform with some lovely local ensembles - and I can’t wait to share everything I’ve learned about playing freely and confidently with you.