Many people do not believe that they need to plan for the disposition of their estate. Certain individuals do not like to think about death, feel they do not have much of an estate, or simply assume their assets will go to their next of kin without any need for an estate plan.
With few exceptions, everyone possesses some assets, and without proper estate planning, these assets, whether economic or emotional, can be tied up in probate and cost heirs thousands in legal fees.
The Law Offices of Shaun A. Hannafin can help with many aspects of basic estate planning, such as the following:
* Living trusts
* Durable powers of attorney
* Health-care proxies
* HIPAA releases
* Advance directives
* Homestead declarations
Residential Real Estate Transactions
When buying or selling real estate, many complex issues may arise. To address these issues, it is essential to take the correct legal precautions. The Law Offices of Shaun A. Hannafin will help you protect yourself against these risks.
The Law Offices of Shaun A. Hannafin prides itself on accomplishing successful real estate transactions with minimal issues and assists buyers, sellers, and lenders with a variety of needs, including, but not limited to, the ability to do the following:
* Negotiate and review the Realtor's listing agreements
* Draft and/or review offers to purchase
* Review condo regulations and collateral documents
* Negotiate, draft, and review purchase and sale agreements
* Ensure all liens against a property have been cleared
* Review mortgage commitment letters
* Perform title searches
* Procure title insurance
* Review the settlement statement HUD-1
* Prepare declarations of homestead
* Assist with closing and review all costs associated therewith
* Record titles with the registry of deeds
Landlord-tenant issues can be particularly stressful and can escalate into major problems in a short period of time. Whether you are a tenant or a landlord, problems quickly become personal and emotional.
Landlords often save for years in order to invest and have the luxury of a rental income, whether it is to pay off a loan or for personal security. They understandably become upset when a lessee does not pay owed rent or is blatantly damaging the rental property. On the other hand, the tenant has the right of possession to the rental property, his home, and can easily feel violated when the landlord illegally interferes with/or interrupts that possession.
The Law Offices of Shaun A. Hannafin represents both landlords and tenants in many aspects of their relationship, including the following:
* Negotiation of terms and conditions
* Drafting and review of leases
* Landlord and tenant representation in eviction matters
* Landlord and tenant representation regarding property conditions
* Security deposit law
* Negotiation to a mutually satisfactory settlement of a dispute