The Cassandra School provides year-round classes in the art of Middle Eastern dance for levels varying from beginning to professional.
Started by Cassandra in 1978, the school now serves as the teaching arm of Jawaahir Dance Company.
Classes are offered at 3 locations and include special classes that incorporate all relevant aspects of Middle Eastern culture, dance and music. The regular classes serve the 7-county metro area, and are desired by students from across the U.S.
The Cassandra School offers:
- Staff of 12 teachers
- Private lessons and coaching
- 25 classes per week to over 300 students
- Locations in Minneapolis, Bloomington and St. Paul
- 5 levels of belly dance classes from beginning to professional
- Workshops and master classes with distinguished international artists
- Specialty classes in various Middle Eastern dance styles, music and culture
Cassandra offers concerts, workshops and master classes worldwide, performing and teaching regularly in locations such as Austria, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, New Zealand and Morocco, as well as throughout the United States and Canada.
Jawaahir Dance Company is available for corporate events, dance workshops and residences, educational programs, private parties, and demonstrations or lectures.
Jawaahir Dance Company will delight your audience with:
- Live or recorded music
- Costumed characters to add atmosphere
- Soloist performances to full company performances
- Consultation services on cultural traditions, esthetics, music, and other resources to enhance your event
- Professionally trained dancers to present the traditional woman's solo dance known as Raqs Sharki or belly dance
- Professionally trained dancers to present traditional Middle Eastern dances in folk costumes from different countries
Since 1989, Jawaahir has been presenting Middle Eastern dance in a wide variety of settings.
Let us add exotic spice to your event!