The national average cost to clean an apartment is $90, but costs can range from $60 to $135. Because apartments may be one-room studios or have five rooms or more, most cleaning companies don’t have set prices but instead charge variable rates based on the particular services required, the square footage of your apartment and how many bathrooms there are.
Learn more about how apartment cleaning prices are set, and get free estimates from cleaning services near you.
What’s in this cost guide?
- Cost of an apartment standard clean
- Cost of an apartment deep clean
- Move-out apartment cleaning costs
- Apartment cleaning cost per square foot (national average)
- How number of bathrooms in the apartment affects cleaning cost
- How to save on apartment cleaning
- Find an apartment cleaning service near you
Cost of an apartment standard clean
A light clean is often classified as a "standard clean." This is the best options for apartments that have been maintained and without deep levels of grime and dirt that the professional cleaning crew needs to remove. Fees are generally less expensive for standard regular cleanings as opposed to a standard one-time cleaning.
Here’s H2O Professional Cleaning Services’ pricing for standard cleaning:
- Recurring cleaning of a two-bedroom apartment: $100–$150, depending on the frequency
- One-time regular cleaning for a two-bedroom apartment: $150+
>>Get free estimates. Contact the best house cleaners near you.
Cost of an apartment deep clean
The national average cost of a deep clean for a typical apartment is between $125 and $250. Deep cleans help when an apartment needs a more thorough cleaning, such as after a party or in preparation for a big event.
Prices can vary greatly, depending on the level of work required. Usually, cleaning inside of cabinets and fridges, window cleaning, and carpet cleaning are involved. Many professional cleaning services may charge extra for these labor-intensive add-on cleaning projects.
>>Also read, "How much does deep cleaning a house cost?"
Move-out apartment cleaning costs
Move-out cleaning for empty apartments typically costs between $125 and $180. For move-out cleaning jobs, fees vary by service provider, region and the amount of work required to complete the cleaning job. Generally, move-out cleaning costs will be greater than a standard clean.
Most cleaners don’t set specific prices for move-out cleaning because a 700-square-foot apartment may be much dirtier than a 1,000-square-foot apartment that has been better maintained.
Apartment cleaning cost per square foot (national average)
Small apartment cleaning cost
- Standard cleaning: Starts at $100 for a one-bath, one-bedroom home
- Deep cleaning: Starts at $125 for a one-bath, one-bedroom home
- Move-out cleaning: Starts at $125 for a one-bath, one-bedroom home
Medium-sized apartment cleaning cost
- Standard cleaning: Starts at $150 for a two-bath, three-bedroom home
- Deep cleaning: Starts at $175 for a two-bath, three-bedroom home
- Move-out cleaning: Starts at $175 for a two-bath, three-bedroom home
>>Hire a cleaning service. These are the best house cleaners near you.
How number of bathrooms in the apartment affects cleaning cost
Rates may increase as the number of bathrooms goes up — more so than the number of bedrooms. Bathrooms, kitchens and floors are the hardest areas to clean and will affect costs the most. If you really want to cut costs, skip floor cleaning or oven cleaning.
Here are a few examples of how number of bathrooms and bedrooms affects national average cost for a standard apartment cleaning:
|Number of bedrooms||Number of bathrooms||Standard Cleaning Cost|
How to save on apartment cleaning
Repeat customers generally pay less per visit than one-time cleaning clients. When an apartment cleaning service comes around on a regular basis, they typically have less work to do per visit and can maintain a certain level of cleanliness, cutting down on time (and money) spent. Also, the lower price per visit is a way of rewarding repeat customers for their loyalty.
Whether your apartment needs a deep cleaning before you move out or if your apartment is overdue for a thorough cleaning, find and hire a cleaning service near you today.