Ms. Morrow has an extensive legal career in supporting attorneys at all levels in both the private and public sectors. Below is an abbreviated resume.
Over the past 6 years, Ms. Morrow has been working on a freelance basis supporting attorneys in all functions described below and working with court reporting teams to produce same-day turnaround of transcripts of U.S. Bankruptcy Court hearings for media, as well as standard turnaround of transcripts for general use.
- Advanced software abilities
- Superior communication skills
- Strong eye for detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strongly client-service
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Resourceful and diplomatic
- Professional and positive attitude
- Pro-active and motivated
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent decision making ability
- Strong work ethic
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (covering 1987 - present)
- LEGAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Freelance court reporter working primarily with U.S. Bankruptcy Courts in California, New Jersey and Puerto Rico (digital audio download/transcription upload).
1. BENESCH FRIEDLANDER COPLAN & ARONOFF, 200 Public Square #2300, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Provide legal and administrative support for 1 partner in Real Estate law and 1 partner in Environmental Law, Section Head and Executive Committee Member. High level of confidentiality required along with legal secretarial functions.
2. TUCKER ELLIS & WEST LLP, 925 Euclid Avenue, #1150, Cleveland, OH 44115
Provide legal and administrative support for 4 attorneys practicing in Medical Malpractice, Product Liability and welding rod litigation matters.
3. VINSON & ELKINS, LLP, 2001 Ross Avenue, #3700, Dallas, Texas 75201
Provided legal and administrative support for 1 partner (Section Head) and one associate in Public Finance section for 3 years; then provided legal and administrative support for 4 years for 1 partner (Section Head) and 2 associates in the Real Estate area including commercial, retail and Industrial. Providing support to 2 different Section Heads required internally-sensitive administrative work as well as a high level of client service and legal secretarial functions.
4. TUTTLE & WINBORN, 500 N. Akard Street, #3550, Dallas, TX 75201
Secretary to 1 partner practicing Real Estate (retail, commercial, industrial) law; Office Manager duties included routine business matters, A/P, A/R, general ledger, maintained and upgraded PCs, office equipment, purchasing, payroll and insurance.
5. FISHMAN, JONES, WALSH & CARROLL, 8117 Preston Rd., # 440, Dallas, TX 75225
Assisted on an as-needed basis 1 Real Estate partner, drafted real estate and loan closing documents, closing binders and miscellaneous special projects.
6. LOCKE PURNELL RAIN HARRELL, 2200 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201
Supported 3 Commercial Litigation attorneys (Federal and State courts), including docket maintenance for six-member working group, coordinated pre-trial preparation, extensive client contact, and significant pro bono service.
7. JONES, DAY, REAVIS & POGUE, 2001 Ross Avenue, #2300, Dallas, TX 75201
Supported 1 Real Estate partner; drafted legal documents and correspondence; client communication; assisted additional lawyers on overtime basis; proposed and administered employee incentive programs.