How much does it cost to install a wood fence?
Help define your property line, protect your home and yard, and boost your curb appeal with a new wood fence. The national average for wood fence installation cost is $3,250. Wood fence installation costs will vary based on your geographic location, the type of wood you select, the height and style of wood fence you desire, and the condition of your property. Pressure-treated pine is a common and attractive choice that is usually resilient against rot and bugs. Cedar is another budget-friendly option that, although more expensive than pressure-treated pine, can be more affordable than redwood or teak. A wood fence requires maintenance to ensure its long-term health and beauty, so keep future staining and painting costs in mind when you’re calculating fence installation costs. Here are some examples of how height and material affect the approximate cost of wood fences:
- 6-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence: $15-$17 per linear foot.
- 4-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence: $13-$20 per linear foot.
- Cedar fence: $18-$25 per linear foot.
- 6-foot-high, double-sided (meaning both sides are uniform), pressure-treated pine fence with 6x6 posts: $25 per linear foot.
- 12-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence with custom detailing: $75 per linear foot.
- 6-foot-high, pressure-treated pine fence with a custom lattice top: $30-$50 per linear foot.