How much would it cost to put in new windows?
The cost to replace a window can vary depending on factors such as window size, type of glass, brand of window, necessary trim repair, and any construction work required for installation. Labor rates and cost to do business in your region will also affect the cost. The national average window installation cost is $2,650 per project. Here are some examples of average trim repair and window replacement costs:
- Trim repair:
- Line and case a window frame with an MDF product: $400.
- Line and case a window frame with raw hemlock wood: $500.
- Approximate cost to install five windows at one time: $3,000.
- Approximate cost to install one double-hung, energy-efficient 3-foot by 4-foot window: $500-$550.
- For the same window size (3-foot by 4-foot) from a different manufacturer made with a specialty fiberglass exterior and all-wood interior, the cost could go up to $1,500.
- Pricing can go as high as $5,000 for a bay or bow window with specialty glass and framing.
- These examples include removal and disposal of old materials and window.