What should I ask a bathroom remodeler before hiring?
It’s important to ensure that you and the contractor are on the same page before any work begins, so don’t be afraid to ask potential bathroom remodelers plenty of questions.
Start by reading the contractor’s reviews online. Ask to see examples of their past work — specifically, work that is similar to yours. If you need the bathroom remodel done by a certain date, ask the contractor if they will be able to complete the work by your deadline. And you should always ask how they handle payments.
Here are some examples of questions you can ask:
- What materials do you recommend for my budget and overall vision?
- How much are the materials and labor? What will my final cost be?
- Do you have the proper license and insurance?
- Can I see photos of past bathroom remodels you’ve worked on?
- How long will it take to complete the remodel?
- How do you handle payments?