May 9, 2017
Joal was prompt, patient, and professional. She really listened to me as I talked about how I use my home, my habits, and my hopes for saying better organized. She offered ideas and suggestions, but if I thought they would not work for me, she instantly had additional ideas; she did not push any particular system. Joal is not a "cookie cutter" consultant. She gives personalized advice and assistance. I highly recommend her.
Feb 27, 2017
Joal was immensely helpful. I had a cleaning/organizing goal and she helped me absolutely nail it, plus some other bonus areas in my house that weren't even on my list. Thank you so much!
Feb 16, 2017
We're on our way to organization!
Joal was punctual and very friendly. She helped my daughter organize and declutter her closet and will return to declutter and organize her chest of drawers.
Jan 17, 2017
If you could see my sewing room now!!!!
I just needed help getting my sewing room organized. The hardest part is knowing where to start. Joel's style was incredibily low key. Asked how I thought I would like it to look....how I would use things...made me feel very comfortable. The hardest/best part was making me realize some things had to go. She never made me feel bad at just how disorganized I really am.
Dec 30, 2016
Essential for a relo!
Corporate relo here... as many of you know, moving every few years becomes a way of life. That doesn't make it any easier! Do yourself a favor... hire Joal. Here's why:
1) a 4200 sq ft house completely staged and organized... zero boxes left to unpack, zero paintings still hanging around to decide where to place, zero boxes of items hanging around to go to donation center...in 3 days! Literally, the moving van showed up on Tuesday and I'm relaxing having coffee in my completely done house Friday morning.
2) joal was extremely flexible. I wasn't sure how much time I needed her help for and she explained it was better to book extra time than not enough. She worked with me for 3 half days and we completed ahead of schedule and she cancelled the fourth day with no issues. Oh, and I called and asked if she could come a day early and she was able to arrange for it! She's also flexible in the sense that she can take over organizing or take your lead. I didn't care how my kitchen was set up, but very picky how my master closet was set up. She shines in both situations!
3) she was very soothing in a time of great stress. I get overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of all that needs to be done during a move. It's stressful. She kept me focused, helped me think through a couple of key decisions quickly and having a few rooms done right off the bat helped ease the anxiety.
4) joal not only organizes, she can help stage your house too! I have a lot of unusual display pieces and she helped arrange them artfully so that the house is functional AND beautiful!
5) she gets rid of your donations for you. At the end of each day she takes everything you've sorted out and brings you a receipt the next day.
6) she's great with animals. We have two big dogs and a cat and they didn't have to stay caged up the entire time. A huge bonus for us! Ps... ask her about her Sadie!
7) my teenage daughter loved her. She was given a budget to decorate but joal gave her some great ideas of how to decorate and make the most of her money. Made a tough move a little exciting for her!
8) she was available in a reasonable amount of time. I called on 12/22 and she was able to schedule me for 4 half days starting 12/27. I'd highly recommend going the half day route. Trust me, you are exhausted and there comes a point of diminishing returns. It also gave me a little time to think through what I wanted her help on every day.
9) rates were very reasonable. Seriously, just budget it in. You won't be sorry!
Instrumental (and a blessing)
Joal was instrumental (and a blessing) when I was faced with a monumental task of helping a family member through a medical issue and divorce. The ex-spouse had been a hoarder and my sibling was not capable of restoring his household due to his medical condition. Joal came in, completely non-judgmental, empathetic and above all - highly professional. She worked with me to organize and purge all nonessential items in his house and helped restore his home. All he needed to do was focus on health rather than all of the overwhelming circumstances he was facing. I cannot say enough about her organizational skill, accessibility and compassion in this circumstance. Respectfully, Bethany V.
Compassion and Kindness made all the difference!
My mom passed away in April. Being an only child, I had the daunting task of cleaning out her house and liquidating her extensive collections. Joal's compassion and kindness plus fabulous organizational skills moved the process along quickly and made the process much more bearable! Wonderful suggestions and knowledge of resources available to me helped make the decision making process easier. Highly recommend her services!!
Letting go SOS
I am very grateful for having Joal in my corner. She has a talent for motivating and organizing. Her guidance is without judgement which is very important to me since engrained habits involving clutter can make one tread on some pretty sensitive territory. I thank God to have found someone who is effective at helping me let go of things that no longer serve me. Joal is a Godsend!
Luxe home management did the job for me!
Joal was awesome! She basically saved my life- I would not have made it without her. She is punctual and efficient, and works as hard as if she were two people.
Aug 21, 2016
Over the years, I had accumulated quite the collection of "stuff." Joal calmly and non-judgmentally guided me through the steps of clearing out and reclaiming my home and my life. Joal is worth every penny. I would recommend her to anyone. Words cannot express how appreciative I am.
Jul 12, 2016
I was desperate to move 30+ years of stuff fast!
I didn’t know what to do first or where to turn but when Joal returned my inquiry and came out that very day, my life changed immensely!
She cleared her busy schedule to accommodate me and we got right to work!
It wasn’t easy but she helped me stay focus to reach my end goal. Two months of intensive care later, I am in my new place and couldn’t be happier.
Amazingly enough she never gets tired or gave up on me!
She is professional, non-judgmental and laced with a bit of humor.
I am so grateful I met her and look forward to working together again!
Joal is simply amazing. Initially, I was overwhelmed by all that needed to be done to organize my space... Joal made organizing fun and is so easy to work with.
Joal was recommended to me by a friend. Her price is right - very reasonable. And Joal is very friendly and personable. Joal de-cluttered my house and garage very quickly. She paid attention to what I said and listened to me. I love that. We will use her again in fall for a multi family yard sale. Thank you Joal.
May 7, 2016
We still have a little work to do, but Joal has been just what I needed to finally declutter and organize my home. She is energetic, works quickly, and has given me many helpful suggestions. Joal listens and concentrates on my needs. We have made more progress than I expected in the time we have worked together. I can't wait to see the finished project.
Feb 11, 2016
Feb 4, 2016
it was a great experience and to learn what to do with adding a few items can make a difference
Dec 20, 2015
Joal is a fantastic organizer. She is non- judgemental and takes a gentle,realistic approach to helping you have a functional and beautiful space. You will get thrifty advice on choosing containers and making the best use of storage. She helps you clean as you go and makes sure you only keep those items that are useful or bring joy. We'll worth the money.
When I was ready to get my house organized I started asking my friends who they hired to keep their places so clutter free. The name that I kept on hearing was Joal Derse. I was told that she was the most efficient organizer around and when I hired her they were all correct! We not only had fun but we finished more quickly than I ever thought! She also calls me occasionally to see if I am practicing what she taught me. Thank you Joal for changing my life!!!
When I broke my leg and was in a wheelchair, I called LuxeHomesManagement which was highly recommended by my friend who had used their services.
Joal flew down with a co-worker and immediately started working on rearranging furniture and other items like bookcases to make my home not only more liveable and organized, but MUCH more peaceful! When I was gone, they went to work outside in the yard and I was so surprised to see the serenity that they had created by cleaning up the debris and all of the things that I just couldn't get to. It only took them a few days to accomplish what I hadn't been able to do in six months!
I am so grateful and so much appreciate their very hard work and willingness to get things done in no time flat.
Thank you so much, Luxe Homes Management. I will use you again soon.
I called Joal at Luxe Homes Management because my life was out of control. Stuff everywhere!
It seemed like I was just too busy to put things away. I knew that I had to do something. So she sat down with me and we talked about priorities and then we got to work. She came over twice per week which was manageable for me and we had my whole house decluttered in no time.
Better yet, she gave me ideas to KEEP it decluttered! Yes, she checks in on me every now and then, but I have been able to keep things in their place.
Thank you, Joal for giving me the guidance and the hands on help that I needed :)
Valerie ~ Brookfield, Wisconsin
Aug 5, 2014