My husband and I recently found mold in one of our bathrooms. My husband removed what he saw but we decided to look into mold remediation companies to check our house completely. We have a 21 month old son, and a 5 year old son who both were constantly sick with runny noses. My 21 month old son had been on antibiotics over 5 times in his little 21 month old life. This bothered us both greatly and we started looking into possible problems in our home. Our pediatrician had actually thought that they both had allergies to dust mites. He prescribed allergy medication to my youngest son daily; however, my husband and I did not want to give him daily medication at such a young age.
We called several companies and left messages. Lee Milano with Mold Neutralizers called me back within 10 minutes. He came out to our house that very same day. He took air samples and samples of the places where my husband had removed mold the week prior by himself. Unsurprisingly, my husband had been very ill to his stomach following his removal of the mold he found. When Mr. Maglanoc came to our home he educated us on toxic mold. I donât believe many people know the very severe risks of life, and illness that mold can bring to a family without this education. Within two days, Mr. Maglanoc got back to me with the unfortunate news that our house was filled with toxic mold. It was in two bathrooms, and basically gotten into the air we were breathing daily. I packed our bags and immediately got my boys out of the house. He and his crew began working on our house almost immediately, putting a couple of his other jobs on hold in my childrenâs best interest. He was compassionate, hardworking, kept in constant contact with my husband and I, and worked directly with our insurance company (which at the time was actually being extremely difficult to work with). The mold in our home had been making us sick and if he had not done what he did; my young children would have suffered the most in the long run. He not only got rid of the problem mold in our walls, under our bathtub and toilets, but he also completely rid our home of the mold in the air, in our humidifiers, in our AC, and even took it upon himself to make sure our cars were remediated also. He gave us an estimate at the very beginning of the work to be done not really knowing what he was getting himself into I think. I understand that there was much more mold and work to be done than what he probably thought because his estimate was much less than what I believe he and his crew deserved. They worked relentlessly for 6 days on our home. When we returned not only was the mold gone, but he had a sanitary company come in and completely sanitize our home making sure all mold and any chance of the mold returning was gone. His estimate never changed even though he ended up having to do extra work in our home. He actually basically became a friend during the process as I trusted him completely. He was sending me pictures of what they were doing all day long, as I never worried about anything that was going on.
With the risk of sounding extremely emotionalâ¦ My children do not have runny noses and we have been back in for over two weeks. I actually owe Lee Maglanoc and Mold Neutralizers so much more than what they asked for. I believe he saved my childrenâs life, because had this mold gone unnoticed, the neuro toxins would have eventually done more damage to my children. My husband has had severe mental illness as well and we believe with time, this will get better as well. It brings tears of joy to my eyes, because this man and his company with what they do daily, has changed my life and my childrenâs and our families life forever. I would recommend him to anyone, anywhere, anytime.