Alan Sackrin represents individuals who have been injured due to the negligence of others, including automobile accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, wrongful death, swimming pool accidents and premises liability cases.
Additionally, he handles general civil litigation cases, including contract and commercial disputes, as well as appeals.
Alan graduated from the University of Miami School of Law, J.D. 1982, with honors, in the top 5% of his class. His undergraduate degree was from the State University of New York at Albany in 1979, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Since 1994, he has owned his own firm with an emphasis in personal injury and other civil litigation cases. In 1991, he became a Board certified civil trial attorney in Florida.
Mr. Sackrin has been featured as a guest lecturer at seminars on civil litigation issues. He has written chapters in seminar books, which topics have included evidence, damages, and civil procedure and he has taught an in depth course to paralegals on the essentials of civil litigation in Florida.
A sample of Alan's verdicts and settlements can be found in his website.
Areas of Practice include:
* Personal Injury
* Automobile Accident
* Slip & Fall
* Dog Bites
* Medical Malpractice
* Faulty Products
* Defective Products
* Serious Injuries
* Spinal Cord Injuries
* Wrongful Death Claim
* Contract Disputes
* Commercial Litigation
* Insurance disputes
* Motorcycle Accidents
* Golf Cart Accidents
* Truck Accidents
* General Litigation
* United States District Court Trial Bar, Southern District of Florida
* Former Member of the Code and Rules of Evidence Committee of the Florida Bar
* Florida Justice Association (The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
* The American Association for Justice (The Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
* Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
* Miami-Dade County Trial Lawyers Association