How much are wedding DJs?
Hiring a DJ typically costs anywhere from $300 to $1,200. It all depends on how long they’ll be working at your wedding and other various factors. The cost to hire a wedding DJ is usually higher than the cost to hire a DJ to play at a birthday party or similar event.
To find out exactly how much your wedding DJ will cost, ask for a cost estimate from several professionals in your area.
How do you find wedding DJs?
Use Thumbtack to find wedding DJs in your area. Here, you can quickly see which local DJs have the highest ratings and best reviews. You can also see how many times each DJ has been hired, whether they’re responsive and if they’re in high demand.
How much do DJs charge per hour?
Hourly rates for DJs can vary depending on where you live, the event type (weddings, prom, birthdays, etc.) and many other factors. For an accurate hourly rate, request cost estimates from top-rated DJs near you.
Why do DJs ask how many guests are at the wedding?
It’s helpful to let your DJ know how many guests will be attending the wedding so they can ensure they have the right sound system and equipment. They may also ask more questions about your guests so they can ensure they have music that caters to the crowd.
What questions should you ask wedding DJs?
To ensure you hire the best DJ for your wedding, ask these questions:
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- How much do you charge, and how do you set your prices?
- What’s included in your rate (e.g., set up, clean up, etc.)?
- How many weddings have you played at?
- Do you have any references I can contact?
- What kind of music do you specialize in?
- Do you provide your own equipment, sound system, speakers, etc.?
- Do you provide any other services (e.g., photo booth, lighting, etc.)?
- Can guests request songs?
- Will you accept a “Do Not Play” list?
- How early would you arrive at the venue to set up?
- Do you take breaks throughout the event? If so, how many and for how long?