I help you bring your product ideas to life! I'm a creative & resourceful Product Design and Development Engineer adept at CAD modeling, prototyping, hands-on testing, design for manufacturing, and mass production. With a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, a Master's in Mechanical Engineering, and over 8 years of experience in designing, prototyping, and sourcing consumer products, I have the skills, creativity, experience, and passion required to take your product from idea to production!
I specialize in mechanical designs (hard goods) such as gadgets, tools, appliances, games, electronics, jewelry, and other consumer products. I have extensive hands-on experience with 3D printing, DMLS, CNC machining, die casting, injection molding, anodizing, chemical etching, stamping, wire forming, PCBA manufacturing, and pad printing.
I pride myself on providing detailed, efficient, and thorough work beyond expectations! Contact me to discuss your project and for a custom quote.
_____ :: MY SERVICES :: (discounted rates for multiple selections) _____
1. IDEATION - Leveraging my experience to help you refine your idea for novelty, practicality, manufacturability, and scalability. (This can include an analysis of your value proposition and/or business model if applicable)
2. CAD MODELING - 3D models of your product for each component and assembly with accurate dimensions, materials, and surface finishes. I use a parametric modeling approach to capture your design intent with critical features and to easily make changes as we progress through the project.
3. ANIMATIONS | RENDERS - CAD model animations and images to show functionality, aesthetics, and features of a design.
4. SIMULATIONS & ANALYSIS - Simulating loads, conditions, and environments on a design then using FEA to review its integrity.
5. PROTOTYPING - Using rapid prototyping methods to create physical samples of your product for testing form, fit, function, ergonomics, and aesthetics. (This is typically an iterative process)
6. TECHNICAL DRAWINGS - Engineering drawings with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) for components and exploded diagrams with BOM for assemblies.
7. PROVISIONAL PATENTS - Detailed documents that contain the necessary information to protect your concept/product/innovation and used as a reference when drafting claims in a utility patent application.
8. SUPPLIER SOURCING - Searching, vetting, negotiating, and working with various domestic and international component/product suppliers to build a robust supply chain for your product.
9. DFM (Design for Manufacturing) - Updating your 3D model considering the chosen mass production technique. (e.g., draft angles, ribs, parting line, assembly procedure)
10. ASSEMBLY DOCUMENTATION - Custom step-by-step instructions for your chosen manufacturer to assemble your product. (see sample work)