What are the signs of pests in your home?
Signs of pest infestations vary by the type of pest. Here are a few signs to watch out for when it comes to some of the most common pests:
- Ants: Stray ants walking around or large numbers congregating, wood shavings, ants emerging from hidden crevices, ant nests
- Rats or mice: Droppings, chewed objects and wires, scampering noises, holes in walls and floors
- Cockroaches: Cylindrical droppings, brown smear marks, live cockroaches
- Fleas: Small and dark spots on your pet’s skin, your pet starts scratching excessively, pepper-like “flea dirt” in bedding, carpet or furniture
- Bed bugs: Droppings in the seams of your mattress, rusty/reddish stains on bed sheets, bites on your skin
- Termites: Mud tubes, wood-scented droppings, small holes in walls, peeling or bubbling paint, wood damage
- Bees or wasps: Excessive number of bees and wasps, dark patches on the walls or ceilings, and papery nests or hives under roof eaves, behind shutters, on balconies or in garden sheds
If you notice any of these signs in your house, contact the best exterminators near you.