What does a wedding event coordinator do?
Pulling off a large, complex wedding or an elegant, small affair requires juggling myriad details, including the officiant, food, drink, wedding cake, entertainment, transportation, rehearsal dinner, photography, equipment rentals, venue reservations and more. A wedding event coordinator can help you keep track of these details, overseeing the planning process and managing everything on the day of your wedding. Each wedding coordinator (and wedding) is different, but in general you can expect an event coordinator to:
- Help you devise a realistic wedding budget and hold your vendors to it.
- Map out a master plan that includes all of the details including ceremony music, favors, the guest book and more.
- Suggest ceremony and reception locations that fit your wedding size, budget and vision.
- Suggest florists, photographers, bands, caterers and other vendors that fit your budget.
- Negotiate vendor contracts for the best deals.
- Create a timeline for the day of the wedding that includes each vendor and member of your wedding party.
- Mail invitations and track RSVPs.
- Answer questions about wedding etiquette and current wedding trends.
- Manage the wedding day from supervising vendors and setup to handling last-minute emergencies.