What questions should I ask an electrician?
Here are a few questions you should ask any electrician you’re considering hiring:
- Are you licensed or certified? A professional electrician should have this information ready and up to date.
- Do you have any references? Ask for references to learn about their work history from previous customers. You may be able to look online at reviews, but it’s also good to speak to someone to find out their experience with this electrician.
- What types of services do you offer? Whether you need repairs or installation services, make sure the electrician can perform the work you need.
- How long will the job take? This will help you set expectations and rearrange your schedule (if needed).
- Can you send me free estimates? Request a job quote or estimate. This will help with comparing different electricians. The numbers may vary, but be sure to factor in the experience of each person, as well as the scope of electrical work you’re asking about.
Contact the best electricians near you today to start receiving free estimates for your project.